One-piece coated or carbon fiber cleaning rod
Plastic “squeegee” spearpoint jags
Bronze phosphorous bore brushes

9mm handgun:
Cleaning rod
Bore brush
Patch jag

Stuff used for several firearms:
Copper solvent for the rifles. I recommend Montana X-Treme Copper Killer.
Cheap cotton patches for the shotguns and handguns, something like Southern Bloomers.
Powder solvent, for cleaning everything except rifle bores.
General purpose brushes. Look like double-ended toothbrushes.
Grease
Oil
USGI Oxbow .30 caliber patches, trim them to size. Cut into quarters they work perfectly for .22 rimfires and centerfires.

I also have the Otis kit in my range bag, good kit but only use it when going to visit my sons, out of town

I just wanted to share with ya a little bit of what OTIS provides their customers. This is another option your able to purchase.

I bought this from the PC on Benning for $27.50. Definitely nice and affordable.

6d1bfef524a358de38f3f1ed9b5fbeda.jpg

31278920edc61047103ea46edd36877c.jpg

6a4e6b0143b8ede82a915c84d42fa820.jpg

5c7a18eecfe1cbf97f5c871a4b8920ee.jpg

9e412797dd9138a691f3f120f0e00e7b.jpg

4bc5820350421e6613b69a923416fa04.jpg

510c7ff3d44c3f480f3b7b518efd58e6.jpg

23423e1dfac2f6e0296b4a9ff9429f00.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: GFB
I will use a bore snake if it is just cleaning up a low rounds count barrel. I dont think I have a individual kit. I have chest that is full of almost everything you could think of it is all a mixture of things including a tooth brush with Ninja Turtles on it.

Honestly boresnakes are one of the best things ever, I only really use rods when the guns are really really dirty anymore. That mixed with elcheapo remoil has never let me down and you know how i run mine lolol i do use q-tips a whole lot make sure you use the paper stem ones not the plastic and a good dental pick i picked up at a gun show for the ultra stubborn new milsurps.

Honestly boresnakes are one of the best things ever, I only really use rods when the guns are really really dirty anymore. That mixed with elcheapo remoil has never let me down and you know how i run mine lolol i do use q-tips a whole lot make sure you use the paper stem ones not the plastic and a good dental pick i picked up at a gun show for the ultra stubborn new milsurps.
For the job a q-tips does, I use Swab-its. Fantastic product. No fibers left behind. You can clean and re-use them too.

Back
Top Bottom