• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Where To Post FS/FT Handgun That Needs Work

MoeSkeeter

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
22   0
Reaction score
I wanted to make sure when I posted an ad for a handgun that I want to sell or trade, that I place that ad in the right place. What's different about this handgun is that it needs some work. Would I place the ad in the normal handgun classified area and detail the issue, or would I place the ad in a different classified area?

Thanks!

If it needs to have the blood splatter and fingerprints wiped off,
the barrel, chamber, and bolt face polished to alter the factory machining and tooling marks,
and a couple prefix letters and one extra digit added to the serial number
to throw off investigators...

... I can do this first and then you can post it for sale.
I do a lot of these. That's how I funded my law school education.

Hello Geezer, thanks for your reply.

ROFL GAgunLAWbooklet GAgunLAWbooklet Currently, I need none of that those special services. But if I ever do, I now know who to call. ;-)

I have a Ruger Mark III Target pistol that I bought used about seven years ago. Unfortunately, it never worked correctly. I had a "Accurizing" trigger kit and a nice Volquartsen Custom Volthane Grip installed. But the person doing the installation was not able to figure out what was wrong with the feeding issue.

After many years, I've been able to get back to the range and I dragged the gun along with me. Sure enough it still has a problem.

The problem is not with extraction, that seems to work fine. However, if I load more that one round in the mag, it doesn't feed correctly. I was able to load and shoot five rounds one at a time with no issues. But when I loaded five rounds in the mag and then tried to fire it nothing happened. I tried a different mag, but there was no change.

I'm thinking about offering it FS/FT as-is to someone that can fix it and enjoy it. Otherwise, I need to find a gunsmith that knows a thing or two about Ruger pistols.

Back
Top Bottom