• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

where to kayak fish?

Mark Ronsin

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
3   0
Reaction score
Still new to the area as Georgia has more to offer than people let on. Been kayak fishing the hooch ITP and up the roswell area. I haven't caught anything big. usually little stuff and want to get more use out of my kayak. Anyone have any great river/lake areas that are good for fishing in an hour or so distance away from atlanta? I plan on heading to Allatoona for the first time tomorrow without the kayak.

Thanks folks. Both look great. Is the hickory lodge open? From what I see that are only open for the summer season. Rocky Mountain looks like it fits the bill as well.

Any of the lakes Allatoona, Lanier and so on. Just keep off the main channel and find some points to fish structure or drop offs

Stripers on Lanier! There are some good fishing grounds relatively close to some of the ramps and it only takes one good Striper in a kayak to make the trip worth it.

Look for an incoming PM about a good ramp to launch from.

Stripers on Lanier! There are some good fishing grounds relatively close to some of the ramps and it only takes one good Striper in a kayak to make the trip worth it.

Look for an incoming PM about a good ramp to launch from.
Ey alright! have you had any issues with the kayak on Lanier and other boaters? the place always looks busy

Ey alright! have you had any issues with the kayak on Lanier and other boaters? the place always looks busy
I avoid weekends on Lanier in any boat, but no real problems. My yak just rides over the top of the wakes and I have a fluorescent orange flag flying so they can see me better. There are lots of folks kayak fishing on Lanier now.

Back
Top Bottom