where do you shoot

swampbuck62

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
10   0
Reaction score
I live in Roswell but in the East Cobb section of Roswell so I can shoot in my yard and thankfully I live in an older neighborhood with large yards and also have very good neighbors..from one fence to the other it's about 50yds and I have my range set up to shoot up to 40+- or minus a few..

I built a frame that holds 6 hay bales used to block the occasional errant shot. I set my bag or 3D bear target in front of that. I also have yardages marked on trees in the yard mainly to set pins by, I tend to shoot from random spots...I also have two ladder stands set up for tree stand practice..

I try and shoot some daily since I mainly bow hunt...

I shoot at home too. I can shoot a long way but my bottom pin is 60 yards so I rarely shoot farther than that but I have tried a few lobs at 75 yards to see if I can guess the gap needed from my last pin. I have an old ladder stand I set up to have stand practice and my back porch is elevated as well.
I shoot at least 3 times a week and when the season is getting closer I'll shoot almost every day for 30-60 minutes. Practice makes perfect. I hunt with a compound bow now but I also hunt with a longbow so practice is required to keep my gaps correct.

I'm thinking about doing some 3D tournaments this year too. I think the competition would be fun and it would be an opportunity to learn some more from folks that are in the know.

In my backyard. If you're looking for somewhere else to shoot in the area, check out Big Woods Goods in Holly Springs. They've built a nice outdoor range with an elevated platform.

I If you're looking for somewhere else to shoot in the area, check out Big Woods Goods in Holly Springs. They've built a nice outdoor range with an elevated platform.
sorry but those guys can suck it... long story but I will never go in that place again.. unless I want to get ignored for 30min while standing at the bow counter while a staff of 4 or 5 people talk to one dude at the gun counter....even sent the owner a email after the fact..oh he was there too...he ignored my email as well..

Back
Top Bottom