• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Where did interest in engines start. This picture sums it up

Don't know when it really started.....but i was always interested in mechanical stuff.

When I was growing up I built all kinds of models - cars, planes, ships and tanks. Once I took an old P-47 model and put in a small electric motor, wires and batteries and hooked up the propeller to make it turn. It worked great....

iu

I'm that guy in the neighborhood to go to for help fixing most things or removing snakes. My wife farms me out once in awhile to repair things or help her friends because their husbands can't. I was even waved off one neighbor after she met her. She was too beautiful to be helped. LOL My wife told me "I don't care what she has broken or what she needs help with, you're not going over there" LOL

My ex-wife used to do the same thing until I started volunteering her to bake cakes and cupcakes for the guys at work who’s wives didn’t bake. After a few times she said “why do you keep doing this to me, I’m not in the baking business”. When I replied with with “that’s funny, I’m not in the repair business either” she figured it out and never volunteered me again without asking first.

My ex-wife used to do the same thing until I started volunteering her to bake cakes and cupcakes for the guys at work who’s wives didn’t bake. After a few times she said “why do you keep doing this to me, I’m not in the baking business”. When I replied with with “that’s funny, I’m not in the repair business either” she figured it out and never volunteered me again without asking first.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

I was always getting in trouble as a kid for taking things to pieces. I love all types of mechanisms. Finally got bought a Yamaha AS3 when I was 11, I spent many happy hours taking that bike to pieces and putting it back together again. Lifelong love that I still have. Bikes, cars, boats, aircraft, guns, nothing's safe !

Don't know when it really started.....but i was always interested in mechanical stuff.

When I was growing up I built all kinds of models - cars, planes, ships and tanks. Once I took an old P-47 model and put in a small electric motor, wires and batteries and hooked up the propeller to make it turn. It worked great....

iu

I'm grown up and still build toy airplanes. And fly them.

My avatar shows one I built cutting every piece by hand.

Sitting on the inner fender wells of our family's Pontiac Safari 400 wagon or my Dad's ancient F100, handing him tools. Probably started "helping" when I was 3 or 4 years old.
After a while I could anticipate what he wanted, and despite knowing the correct terminology, I knew what he meant if he asked for the "whatchamacallit" or "the thingamajig". I could tell if he needed a 1/2" or 9/16" wrench or socket if I could see the bolt head myself.
Water pumps to engine blocks. I rebuilt a muncie after reading a book from the library.
Teaching my children now, so at least they won't get ripped by shady repair shops.

Back
Top Bottom