• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Where are my crypto haters from a few months ago

I dont understand crypto (Bitcoin etc) I do understand that its up hugely but thats all that I know.

When bitcoins are “mined” what does that mean?

Oh, I understand it enough to know that you can't get to your "money" if the grid goes down. If you can't stand over it with a rifle, you don't own it....
Thats true but that goes for the entire world banking system unless your employer, SS, 401k, roth IRA pays you in person with Physical cash or gold it will all be worthless if the grid goes down

I dont understand crypto (Bitcoin etc) I do understand that its up hugely but thats all that I know.

When bitcoins are “mined” what does that mean?

Per Investopedia:
  • Bitcoin miners receive Bitcoin as a reward for completing "blocks" of verified transactions which are added to the blockchain.
  • Mining rewards are paid to the miner who discovers a solution to a complex hashing puzzle first, and the probability that a participant will be the one to discover the solution is related to the portion of the total mining power on the network.
  • You need either a GPU (graphics processing unit) or an application-specific integrated circuit (ASIC) in order to set up a mining rig

Originally a joke coin, dogecoin (DOGE) has been gaining in the recent days. Right now it has just broken over a penny in value, and has made me almost $300 richer. Worth looking @ if you want to get in to crypto without breaking the bank, and still have the opportunity to make some money.

https://www.cryptonator.com/rates/DOGE-USD

Ethereum broke $1k today and Bitcoin seems to be cooling off a little.

I traded out of my Bitcoin a little too early yesterday. I expect to be able to see how bad I did this time next week. :pop2:

Is it true that bitcoin was $3k 12-14 months ago and now is over 30k? That volatility scares the crap out of me!!! I don’t follow it, but that was something that was told to me.

Back
Top Bottom