• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Where are all the new cars?

I drive by Jasper Jeep twice a day. They literally have less than a dozen cars on their lot…total, new and used.

No chips, and rail yards full of inventory but a shortage of truckers to deliver them.
There’s no shortage of drivers.

The annual employee turnover in the trucking industry averages 130%

the average truck driver quits after 3-4 months . Because the companies treat them so bad.

The average pay is almost exactly the same as it was 30 years ago.
In 1995 I had my own used rig that cost me $15k, and I was getting paid $1.25 a mile to haul someone else’s trailer and cargo.

Today, 30 years later, the average is $1.65 a mile , when it should be around $4 dollars just to have kept up with inflation.

the shortage is of companies that will pay the drivers a good wage and treat them like human beings.

that’s why a lot of the truck drivers now, are immigrants.
They will work for next to nothing and won’t complain about the way they get treated.

Went by dealer in Newnan last Friday to look at a new Jeep but they didn't have any, said they were all waiting on chips from Japan.

I believe many of the chips in question are made in a country called Hong Kong.

IIRC, Taiwan is the country of origin for 95% of the chips.

The chips go through several intermediaries before the retail vendor, with every stage getting their markup.

There’s no shortage of drivers.

The annual employee turnover in the trucking industry averages 130%

the average truck driver quits after 3-4 months . Because the companies treat them so bad.

The average pay is almost exactly the same as it was 30 years ago.
In 1995 I had my own used rig that cost me $15k, and I was getting paid $1.25 a mile to haul someone else’s trailer and cargo.

Today, 30 years later, the average is $1.65 a mile , when it should be around $4 dollars just to have kept up with inflation.

the shortage is of companies that will pay the drivers a good wage and treat them like human beings.

that’s why a lot of the truck drivers now, are immigrants.
They will work for next to nothing and won’t complain about the way they get treated.
If the companies treat the drivers like crap and they quit, doesn't that create a shortage of drivers? Feel like you explained why there is a shortage.

Back
Top Bottom