• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Where are all the new cars?

Maybe folks will figure out that "Made in the USA" doesn't always mean that. More like "assembled" for many things.

images (1).png

I just recently sold off my 06 Acura with 109000 miles i kid you not for $9000! Used cars are going for insane prices! I bought that car 5 years ago for $11000.

I just recently sold off my 06 Acura with 109000 miles i kid you not for $9000! Used cars are going for insane prices! I bought that car 5 years ago for $11000.
I was talking to a kid I know in Ft Valley that grew up in the buy here pay here bidness a week or two back. I was looking for a cheap basic A to B ride for my older daughter. I would pay the down payment and she would make the rest of the payments. The only thing he had in my range was a 98 Grand Am 4 cyl sedan. Okay that's fine. Not a big GM fan but I've owned a Grand Am and once you go through the huge pain in the ass of a heater core job it's good to go.
Anyway he told me $3K for a cash price. OMG! It was a $1500 car max! NADA and KBB valued it about the same. But as I quickly learned those rules and values do NOT apply these days. There's a hige shortage of used cars especially decent used cars. So yeah for now it's a seller's market.

If the companies treat the drivers like crap and they quit, doesn't that create a shortage of drivers? Feel like you explained why there is a shortage.
There is no shortage of qualified experienced drivers.

they just don’t like being treated like dirt and leave to go make a living doing something where they get paid overtime if they work 70 hours a week.
Every trucking company just expects you to work 70 hours a week with no overtime pay.

There is no shortage of qualified experienced drivers.

they just don’t like being treated like dirt and leave to go make a living doing something where they get paid overtime if they work 70 hours a week.
Every trucking company just expects you to work 70 hours a week with no overtime pay.
And make less? That’s not even a reasonable explanation. It’s the long time away from home, made worse by the Covid wealth redistribution, errr I mean stimulus.

Back
Top Bottom