• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Where are all the new cars?

I think it's all bullsh!t. Can anyone explain how Ford and GM can convert from manufacturing automobiles to producing respirators / ventilators in less than one month? Then why can't they produce micro chips or processing chips in the same time frame?

Don't think you understand what's involved in making custom microchips. It certainly isn't something that can be done in a plant that normally builds cars. Producing chips is a specialty that is done in very expensive plants and takes a lot of expertise.

Last year, carmakers saw demand tank and cancelled their orders for chips. Now that demand is coming back, they need those chips. But they can't just place an order and get them the next day. It takes months to get back in the pipeline and get those chips.

Yeah, these shortages are BS, but it's the fault of all the bozos who decided we should shut down the world economy.

No puter chips kinda dumb build vehicle that can’t be cranked without computer chip

Chevy Malibu is one of many that won't move unless you're wearing the seatbelt. Many vehicles won't move if the hood, door, or trunk are open. All in the name of safety. It is a royal PITA when you work on vehicles for a living.

Chevy Malibu is o e of many that won't move unless you're wearing the seatbelt. Many vehicles won't move if the hood, door, or trunk are open. All in the name of safety. It is a royal PITA when you work on vehicles for a living.
Government wants more safety to control us. I have no idea why the general population is so obsessed with safety. I always knew people were stupid, but covid surprisingly put that stupidity on a whole new level that's depressingly impressive.

I work at a gm dealership in north Atlanta, I counted 4 new cars on the lot today, they are putting the used cars all around the new cars to make it look like we have cars. We don’t have many used cars either, we are fixing every used car no matter how bad is runs or how much it costs just to have some cars.

Can anyone explain how Ford and GM can convert from manufacturing automobiles to producing respirators / ventilators in less than one month? Then why can't they produce micro chips or processing chips in the same time frame? [/QUOTE said:
Chips are a little harder to make. You need a very nice clean production, you can't just say hey tomorrow were going to make our silicon chips. The raw materials the equipment to produce it your not going to build that out quickly at all. It's not like baking bread in an oven and you just need more flour.

Back
Top Bottom