• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

When is it okay to leave negative feedback?

During these unprecedented times, would I be in the wrong to leave a negative feedback for engaging in conversation with the seller, and discussing a meeting place, when I noticed that the seller (without him mentioning to me), raised the price to well above retail on the initial ad? Was he trying to trap me or...?
Had almost the same thing happen to me , except , had been PMing for a week. He was in and out of town. Came back , told me he was back , I sent him a message setting up a meet. An hour later looked at the item. Was marked SPM , an hour after he PM’d me. In my opinion not the way to be , but , the younger generation lack integrity.

Left a negative recently for a newbie with single digit posts. We exchanged pms, text, and even spoke. He confirmed the deal @ 4 hours prior to meeting time via PM. He was online @45 minutes prior to our arranged meet.

No calls, text, or PMs. Never showed, never responded. Thought I would give a newbie a chance as we all were new once. I was wrong.

Still see him trolling on here. No sense of decency or courtesy. SMH.

This is simple. If you've agreed to a place and time to meet and someone doesn't show up they should get a neg. If either party doesn't like the deal, or can't agree one, at the meet they can walk away.
Or if when the meeting happens the gun is substantially not what was described.
Although this is usually for mail in type deals.
Please find the damage or bad description at the meet. Afterward is hard to judge.

I have had a couple people cease communication after I request some more detailed pics..... Some folks just have an inability to be meticulous when they can only think dollars...

I had one potential buyer back out on me last year, but didn't neg him cause I want to be understanding and keep in mind that sometimes things happen we can't control. Try to be the person, that I would want to deal with.

We had a deal set: price, place and date/time. First he postpones the deal, then stalled some and next said he didn't have the money anymore. A result of his having to do some work in Florida....? Finally he offers me a trade, which I wasn't interested in.

Should I neg 'em? I still have the PMs...bet it would stick.

I had one potential buyer back out on me last year, but didn't neg him cause I want to be understanding and keep in mind that sometimes things happen we can't control. Try to be the person, that I would want to deal with.

We had a deal set: price, place and date/time. First he postpones the deal, then stalled some and next said he didn't have the money anymore. A result of his having to do some work in Florida....? Finally he offers me a trade, which I wasn't interested in.

Should I neg 'em? I still have the PMs...bet it would stick.

Had the same thing happen to me. I asked the mods opinion what to do. One said just let it go. Another said the neg would stick. Just saying . I just turned the other cheek.

Back
Top Bottom