• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

when do you bring in the law?

oldgoat

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
51   0
Reaction score
Gunsmith that has had one of my guns since June 1st seems to be avoiding me. I guess he doesn't realize that I can see that he's read my texts. At what point do I report my gun stolen?

'
Unless it's unfeasible for you to make the drive, you need to confront him face to face and gather the parts up, NO MATTER WHAT HE PROMISES, as he's probably disassembled it and hasn't put it back together. After you confront him, AND if you still let him make promises, you will have empowered him to scr3ew you even more.

**at least in my 61 years experience of being screwed.

all he had to do was back a stripped screw out.

Shop is in his back yard and that is coming but being at his house i need to ne careful that i don’t end up with charges against me.
Knock on the door. If he answers, be polite but firm. If he tells you to pound sand, then call the cops. If he doesn't answer the door, also call the cops. You can't be arrested for just knocking on his door.

Shop is in his back yard and that is coming but being at his house i need to ne careful that i don’t end up with charges against me.
record the entire thing from driving up to him coming out, tell him you are recording for 'quality purposes" and don't say nada that could get ya charged and if he says leave my property do so, then take a warrant for theft after trust,

Let me guess? Hogleg Smith?

Send a letter of demand. Certified Mail, signed receipt... Set up the groundwork for the court battle. This is a tort, not a criminal case.

Back
Top Bottom