• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's your SHTF rifle?

M4A1. Snapped a pic of it for the first time. Got approved last month to take it home and never took a look at it. Just pulled the lower out the safe for this pic, will slap on the factory upper and take a few more pics.
M4A1.jpg

Colt M4A1 SOCOM w/ Trijicon Comp M4s
Aero Precision M5E1 16" barrel w/ 1-8x24 LPVO

OR

Tavor X95 with Eotech EXPS2/G33
Tavor 7 with Eotech EXPS2/G33

Lean towards the M4 and M5 because of parts commonality if I have to scrounge.

if you are "bugging out", where you are going and how you are getting there is infinitely more important than what firearm you have. if you get into a firefight, you will very likely be killed...at the very least you will be wounded and if that is serious, you will die because there is no medical care. you already have guns, if you want to focus on something important, focus on how you will get to your bugout location safely. btw, if your plan is to go out in the woods and live off of the land, have you ever? most likely in that scenario, you will die and the 10% of those people who make it will have your stuff to help them.

if you are "bugging out", where you are going and how you are getting there is infinitely more important than what firearm you have. if you get into a firefight, you will very likely be killed...at the very least you will be wounded and if that is serious, you will die because there is no medical care. you already have guns, if you want to focus on something important, focus on how you will get to your bugout location safely. btw, if your plan is to go out in the woods and live off of the land, have you ever? most likely in that scenario, you will die and the 10% of those people who make it will have your stuff to help them.
Some very good points there. My best advice is to actually own the land you plan on living on like I do so you can already have extensive knowledge of it compared to a trespasser or trespassers meaning to take it as theirs and focus on making it more defendable and more “livable”. Also don’t be greedy my entire family is welcome the more trustable people you have around the better your chances are for long term survival. I’m in my 20’s, good shape, plenty of hunting experience and train shooting weekly but NOBODY is a one man army. All it takes is one bullet doesn’t even have to be a fatal one and your life just got a WHOLE lot harder if you’re going at survival alone.

Back
Top Bottom