• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's your favorite/new sword?

Fly rod catfishing.
Yeah, it's a thing.

20190324_125920.jpg
20190324_121210.jpg

Lol, i was more talking about some folks i went fishing with this wknd. It was fresh on the mind. I dont see me upgrading any rods and the 5500s are rock solid but old. May look into a new reel in the future. I just live in the past.
I caught my best fish on a 6500 12 years ago. Still have it.

I wield my fishing rods with the skill and intensity of a highly trained Samurai, so my words are correct. Them fishes don't stand a chance.

samurai-with-katana.jpg
characterized by or holding idiosyncratic beliefs or impressions that are contradicted by reality or rational argument, typically symptoms of mental disorder.

my absolute favorite rod (i will cry if i ever break it lol) is my 6 foot 6 inch g loomis GTX i bought when i worked at the original bass pro in the late 90s. did the whole employee special order and only cost me 100 bucks to get it, and i regret not spending a extra 20 bucks for them to put my name in gold print on it lol. i used to have a original abu garcia morrum on it, but while i was playing Army my brother decided to go fish/snag 50+ pound grass carp and torqued the body of the reel. the rod held up fine though lol. ive had various reels on it over the years, so far its loving the small team diawa reels. i would absolutly LOVE a original shimano calais with the magnesium spool to put on there though. dream setup for it lol.

love fishing weightless worms and small crankbaits with it, can feel when a fish thinks about hitting it lol. its crazy sensitive.

my absolute favorite rod (i will cry if i ever break it lol) is my 6 foot 6 inch g loomis GTX i bought when i worked at the original bass pro in the late 90s. did the whole employee special order and only cost me 100 bucks to get it, and i regret not spending a extra 20 bucks for them to put my name in gold print on it lol. i used to have a original abu garcia morrum on it, but while i was playing Army my brother decided to go fish/snag 50+ pound grass carp and torqued the body of the reel. the rod held up fine though lol. ive had various reels on it over the years, so far its loving the small team diawa reels. i would absolutly LOVE a original shimano calais with the magnesium spool to put on there though. dream setup for it lol.

love fishing weightless worms and small crankbaits with it, can feel when a fish thinks about hitting it lol. its crazy sensitive.
A lot of folks don't realize how many more fish you can catch with a very sensitive rod if you really pay attention. My best fish, a 43lb Striper, hit so lightly on the fall it felt something like a bumble bee landing on the rod tip. If I hadn't felt it and set the hook, he probably would have spit it out quick (heavy buck-tail jig) and I would have never even known he was there.

I wont ever own a St. Croix rod. One of my fishing pals would just step on it in the boat going for another beer. I beg to ask this question. Are all litter bugs Bud light drinkers or, are all Bud light drinkers litter bugs? I camp, fish,and hike a lot and it seems like most of the trash left is Bud light cans. Except of course, when I am on the coast close to Darien then it is Keystone or Icehouse. JK, but I aint kidding on the Bud light cans. Sorry, off topic, but I went trout fishing a week ago. Me and a friend were joking about it and sure nuff. there is one, and another one, and another so on and so on

I wont ever own a St. Croix rod. One of my fishing pals would just step on it in the boat going for another beer. I beg to ask this question. Are all litter bugs Bud light drinkers or, are all Bud light drinkers litter bugs? I camp, fish,and hike a lot and it seems like most of the trash left is Bud light cans. Except of course, when I am on the coast close to Darien then it is Keystone or Icehouse. JK, but I aint kidding on the Bud light cans. Sorry, off topic, but I went trout fishing a week ago. Me and a friend were joking about it and sure nuff. there is one, and another one, and another so on and so on
Yeah, it's pretty disgusting how some folks don't care. For me, a lot of the joy of fishing is the beauty of the area and trash really spoils that. I've been known to take a small trash bag with me and clean up other people's crap. It pisses me off every time I have to do it.

Sometimes the trash can work in your favor. I have to confess, when I was young and poor I got three new fishing rods by finding broken rods that others had just abandoned at a lake or river and returning them to a store that cared the exact brand and model for a replacement. Hey, it's not my fault the previous owners didn't realize that a lot of rod manufactures have a no questions asked guarantee. Their loss, my gain.

Back
Top Bottom