• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's with the newbie lowballers?

I enjoy the ridiculous lowball offers. I love “cash in hand” as if I’m a crack addict waiting for anyone to buy my stuff. Its hard for people to understand that I might have something for sale, but not desperately need the cash. It’s entertaining while on quarantine. I’m posting all kinds of stuff tonight!

Just had another newbie with 0/0 feedback make an offer on a rifle that I have posted for less than the asking price. I replied that the price is what it is but I offered to toss in some used USGI 30 rounders.
Told him that I would prefer to meet near me (remember, 0/0 feedback, will this guy show at the meet?) as I have other commitments for later today.
He replied that no one on this site will negotiate and will not work to meet and **** this site.
Told him to go cry somewhere else, don't have time for it.

When I get a ridiculous low ball offer -- I come back with the difference added to the original sell price. Never hear from them again. After that add them to the ignore list -- problem solved....

My tactic as well, every dollar they go down, I go up...

JMHO

Just had another newbie with 0/0 feedback make an offer on a rifle that I have posted for less than the asking price. I replied that the price is what it is but I offered to toss in some used USGI 30 rounders.
Told him that I would prefer to meet near me (remember, 0/0 feedback, will this guy show at the meet?) as I have other commitments for later today.
He replied that no one on this site will negotiate and will not work to meet and **** this site.
Told him to go cry somewhere else, don't have time for it.
And then he went to his safe space...

To add to the mayhem of this thread, ANOTHER newbie with 0/0 feedback today offered me $100.00 less than listed price this coming Friday. Why Friday? Does he get his allowance on Thursday?
I told him NO. He replied "Dude, it's a used PSA."
I told him to buy a new PSA then.
WTH???

Back
Top Bottom