• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's with the newbie lowballers?

had a newbie lowball me early this morning on an AR listed,

through PM's; I met him a little higher on the price and he was satisfied

"Sounds like a deal. Where and when can we meet? I’m in Canton and don’t mind driving to meet anywhere"

we made it all the way through the price and the meeting place
but
when it came to the time to meet, he said {"I have to ask my wife"}

nothing but crickets since

I’ve tried to be understanding of newbs but got my first burn this week in the whole time I’ve been on ODT. Guy set time and place in PM and I drove to meet him (about a 30 minute drive). After waiting 30 minutes and texting during that time I finally got a response. Said he could “maybe”’meet later but then nothing else. Headed home and negged him. Also saw someone else negged him that same day.

Anymore dealing with people with little to no feedback and they will have to come to me.

I (by my own admission should have asked better questions) responded to vague add. After agreeing to do deal I discovered that what I was looking at wasn't as it seemed. Asked about it and IMMEDIATELY got sort of an attitude.... As if the question I asked had been an issue with others prior. Had op not kopt attitude I probably would have negotiated a fair alternative. Uuuhhhg be more specific when posting! You know the difference in what you have and what you vaguely portray.

I've had two more show "interest"... crickets after I said I'll need to see your permit and DL, or "what time would you like to meet"?

I don't know if these folks are new to the internet, or behavioral norms for buying second hand goods are very different with other hobbies.

Favorite I have received

"I will give you $500 for both these are gen 3’s and are worth about $350 each with only one magazine each, and I buy to resale to make a little money on my end."

I had my dead buddies Glocks listed at 400 each, hoping to get 350 each, so I could give the $$ to his widow....this guy is a total and complete POS!! Had the story posted in the ad!
The good side is, 2 awesome ODTers steped up and gave more than asking price to help the widow out!! So while there are a few dirt bags on here, there are far more great guys.

Had a member with a strong reputation send me a message implying something I listed was to high but no offer. Then came back and offered $100 less when I asked why they sent message. I had already sold the item for asking price.

Notice lots of new people with the "I can pay cash today", like I take any other forms of payment lol

Had a member with a strong reputation send me a message implying something I listed was to high but no offer. Then came back and offered $100 less when I asked why they sent message. I had already sold the item for asking price.

Notice lots of new people with the "I can pay cash today", like I take any other forms of payment lol

So you havent gotten offeres to pay cash a week or two in the future?? I get quite a few of those. Hell, one guy wanted to write me a check.....Mmmmmmm NO.

I usually try to say in my opening PM offer I am prepared to meet asap so folks know I'm serious.

Back
Top Bottom