• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's with the newbie lowballers?

Bingo. If my stuff is used, I google prices at Bud's and GA Gun Store as a baseline, and knock off 10-20% based on condition, what else mine comes with, etc... Only time I charge at retail is if my item is brand new, never fired 100% condition, probably has a holster or extra mags or something that a new one wouldn't come with.

Been low balled a couple times, but not too much, mostly because my prices are usually pretty dang reasonable...
If you sell a gun to a pawn shop, they will only offer about 25% of what it's worth, then up the price over what it's worth so they can bargain down. Been there, done that so that would not be a good indicator of the worth.

If you sell a gun to a pawn shop, they will only offer about 25% of what it's worth, then up the price over what it's worth so they can bargain down. Been there, done that so that would not be a good indicator of the worth.

You must go to some crappy pawn shops. Most I shop in seem to pay around 40-50% from what I see watching customers come in. If they price over retail I walk and don't come back. Used is not worth more than new.

Back
Top Bottom