• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's with the newbie lowballers?

Not a low baller but a new guy. Been on here three months , NO feedback , giving snark to a 10 year OG member about a gun he’s selling in an uncommon caliber Was interested in it till I saw the snark .

Ok , so , if an item is listed at $115 and I offer $100 would I be out of line ? I’m serious cause there’s an item listed I’m interested in ! Not a gun .

Depends on the actual retail price. If someone has an item at 40% of the retail price I probably won't try to get a lot more out of them. I'd think you're fine. You're only asking them to take a 12.5% discount. That's well within reason.

dont drink. just reality.its called selling used stuff...

Bingo. If my stuff is used, I google prices at Bud's and GA Gun Store as a baseline, and knock off 10-20% based on condition, what else mine comes with, etc... Only time I charge at retail is if my item is brand new, never fired 100% condition, probably has a holster or extra mags or something that a new one wouldn't come with.

Been low balled a couple times, but not too much, mostly because my prices are usually pretty dang reasonable...

my latest favorite
post it for sale or trade then this
I'm really just looking to trade for things I'm going to use more often but I'm mainly interested in rifles, semi auto in particular. Keep in mind I'm not desperate to let the thing go so if I don't see anything I really want then I'm not trading it.

Back
Top Bottom