• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's up with "GHOSTS"? (no shows, no PM's etc)

Do people GHOST you online more than they used too (Say 5 years ago)

• No. Everybody on the internet are awesome.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes. Little Worse than normal.

Votes: 10 83.3%
  • Yes people are the worse. Very selfish and could care less. Ghosting is very common.

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
In general I'm talking about ghosts, no not the CASPER kind..........I send offers or messages to good portion of ODT's and 50% of the time I can't get a no thanks. (just seems like the polite thing to do).

No less than 10 times I have been ghosted on FB market place in the last month.

Meet set, time, date, location and nothing never hear from the person again. Over and over.

Had a meet set with an ODT member, they texted me the night before 3-4 times to make sure I was interested. CHF Upper. (Seemed like they wanted to back out). I then asked them does the barrel say CHF. (in this case an BCM at BFH) Nope no sign of it. Could been a simple mistake?

It seems ghosting on the internet in general is much much worse now.

Maybe it's just me.

I try extremely hard to do what I say I'm going to do, if I can' t do that I let people know with a text/PM/Call.

I try extremely hard not to waste peoples time.

On facebook marketplace i "ghost" a lot of people..... It's nothing personal, here's how it usually goes down.

Me - Lists something valuable for a very reasonable price and with a very accurate and detailed description.

* 10 minutes later * - 75 people have messaged me about it asking a question that i already answered in the description.

* 11 minutes later * I get a message from somebody that says "Cash in hand, call me" and i make the sell with them.

* 12 minutes later * too busy living life to answer the other 75 questions.

Sinfix8 Sinfix8

A lot of mine are date/time/location SET. The day of the meet I text them 9-10, they confirm they will meet.

Then they never show or respond to anything ever again.

If I sold something after 12 mins, I would just delete the item, then it would show up for everyone that is gone (notify them) so for me that is a lot easier.

no response is a respomse.png
aint always good aint aiways bad

Sinfix8 Sinfix8

A lot of mine are date/time/location SET. The day of the meet I text them 9-10, they confirm they will meet.

Then they never show or respond to anything ever again.

If I sold something after 12 mins, I would just delete the item, then it would show up for everyone that is gone (notify them) so for me that is a lot easier.

If these no shows are ODT’ers and all your price, time, location info was SET via pm’s then you should be handing out a bunch of negative feedbacks.
If your meets were all FB or set by texts, not pm’s, on ODT...well then you are just SOL lol.

If these no shows are ODT’ers and all your price, time, location info was SET via pm’s then you should be handing out a bunch of negative feedbacks.
If your meets were all FB or set by texts, not pm’s, on ODT...well then you are just SOL lol.

Not no shows, just messages. No issues with ODT. Great people here.

Back
Top Bottom