• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's up with "GHOSTS"? (no shows, no PM's etc)

Do people GHOST you online more than they used too (Say 5 years ago)

• No. Everybody on the internet are awesome.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes. Little Worse than normal.

Votes: 10 83.3%
  • Yes people are the worse. Very selfish and could care less. Ghosting is very common.

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

coolformula

Default rank <2500 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
50   0
Reaction score
In general I'm talking about ghosts, no not the CASPER kind..........I send offers or messages to good portion of ODT's and 50% of the time I can't get a no thanks. (just seems like the polite thing to do).

No less than 10 times I have been ghosted on FB market place in the last month.

Meet set, time, date, location and nothing never hear from the person again. Over and over.

Had a meet set with an ODT member, they texted me the night before 3-4 times to make sure I was interested. CHF Upper. (Seemed like they wanted to back out). I then asked them does the barrel say CHF. (in this case an BCM at BFH) Nope no sign of it. Could been a simple mistake?

It seems ghosting on the internet in general is much much worse now.

Maybe it's just me.

I try extremely hard to do what I say I'm going to do, if I can' t do that I let people know with a text/PM/Call.

I try extremely hard not to waste peoples time.

I’ve had it happen but only one time here. All that I’ve dealt with here have been good to go with the exception of one a few years ago. Hope it stays that way. It sounds like you have tried to make more deals than I have lately though

Now how FB is you have to get 9 feedbacks before they show up and I don't even think they show negatives at all.

On here a lot of the people who can't respond (have tons of feedback I guess its easier to ignore than respond if you don't offer 900 for an SKS lol).

The person with the upper who didn't know what it was had good feedback and over 10.

My point with the technology being easy to access to the MASSES, I think this shows you the quality of people and how SELFISH people have become in this day in age.

I just ignore the brand new accounts. If you got less than 5 trades I don’t want to deal with you. I’ve had atleast 10 tire kickers contact me in the past year asking about buying things and then they’ll just go MIA. It wasn’t like this before 2020 the uptick of new accounts started happening early last year it seems. The majority of them seem to just be spam though.

Now how FB is you have to get 9 feedbacks before they show up and I don't even think they show negatives at all.

On here a lot of the people who can't respond (have tons of feedback I guess its easier to ignore than respond if you don't offer 900 for an SKS lol).

The person with the upper who didn't know what it was had good feedback and over 10.

My point with the technology being easy to access to the MASSES, I think this shows you the quality of people and how SELFISH people have become in this day in age.

I see you're referring to Facebook? Correct? Mostly the difference between here and their is we have much more knowledgeable people on the odt. Sure there's some on fb, but nothing compares to traders here. There will always be scammers here and especially on Facebook. The feedback system helps weed out the bad. You may find items cheaper on fb, but as always buyer be ware.

Yes FB. A lot of household stuff, cars, motorcycles, computers don't sell at all here. So have to go somewhere to sell them items. eBay takes 13% and plus scams via PayPal. CL seems to be dead as hammer, seems everyone has moved to FB.

So where do you sell/buy your non ODT items?

I have tried listing my items here, but even at vastly discounted ODT prices I get no hits on this site if its not firearm related. I had a car great condition way below KBB max and no luck here, put it on FB and that car sold pretty quick.

So it seems FB is lot better even with all the ghosting compared to ODT for them type of items.

Also when I'm talking about most of the ODT stuff, its NOT new accounts its people with 10+, 50+ feedback. Say they have something for sale/trade you send them an offer or question and you just hear back NOTHING. It happens at least 50% of the time.

Then it seems when people are responding, people will wait days between responding, cause their working 10 people at the same time to see who is going to "bid" the highest. It's like if you have item A for sale, for 500, and I offer 450, just give me a yes or a no. I'm not offering HALF of asking or anything.

Yes FB. A lot of household stuff, cars, motorcycles, computers don't sell at all here. So have to go somewhere to sell them items. eBay takes 13% and plus scams via PayPal. CL seems to be dead as hammer, seems everyone has moved to FB.

So where do you sell/buy your non ODT items?

I have tried listing my items here, but even at vastly discounted ODT prices I get no hits on this site if its not firearm related. I had a car great condition way below KBB max and no luck here, put it on FB and that car sold pretty quick.

So it seems FB is lot better even with all the ghosting compared to ODT for them type of items.

Also when I'm talking about most of the ODT stuff, its NOT new accounts its people with 10+, 50+ feedback. Say they have something for sale/trade you send them an offer or question and you just hear back NOTHING. It happens at least 50% of the time.

Then it seems when people are responding, people will wait days between responding, cause their working 10 people at the same time to see who is going to "bid" the highest. It's like if you have item A for sale, for 500, and I offer 450, just give me a yes or a no. I'm not offering HALF of asking or anything.

In the 70s was exactly the same. The only difference now is computers and cell phones. I sold stuff for a living for 7 years.

Same scammers, same ghosts. I guess it is just human nature.

Back
Top Bottom