• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's this worth? Remington 700 SA .308 customized

spistols

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
310   0
Reaction score
What is a fair value on this customized Remington 700 SA? Complete custom job and assembled piece by piece by a gunsmith (turned barrel, etc.). Never been fired.

I know almost nothing about them, and am about to start my research. I only know it is a standard bolt face .308, and parts alone in it cost @ $1500. Don't know how many labor hours were involved in putting it together.

20200405_094759.jpg

GetAttachmentThumbnail

Is it complete? Like wood finished and getting paint? It may be a hard sell since youre combining a "tactical" rifle with a more traditional wood stock. Also, sadly, with custom precision rifles, labor is hardly equated into resale. The only time that may bump up the price is if its from some super famous smith such as gradeous, GA precision, or Rbros. Most of the time you get your money back on cost of parts and no wait time. Once I get more info I can give you an accurate assessment.

Also, my professional knowledge is from 10 years of long range shooting and always chasing that new custom gun. AKA losing money lol.

Nowhere near what was spent unless it has proof it shoots and was built by someone well known with quality parts. Even then it is a labor of love and will not return what was spent.

No idea, it sure is cool though. Mine has some pretty basic upgrades and standard smithing. It's barely custom but it's a great rifle and i'd be at $1k at least on mine.

Back
Top Bottom