• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's the damned deal with all the price gouging flippers on

From what we’ve been told, straight from our rep on the lumberyard. They be no shortage. It’s all on barges waiting to come in, floating off Jacksonville and Savannah. They won’t let them dock to keep the prices up. Then when Ga passed the voting law they really stared limiting the barges coming in. It’s all political. He said prices aren’t coming down to maybe the end of next year. So yeah. We’re looking at the house ing market of 08-09 all over again. Just hang on. It’s going get bumpy. But good not. Should be able buy a nice house on the courthouse steps.

From what we’ve been told, straight from our rep on the lumberyard. They be no shortage. It’s all on barges waiting to come in, floating off Jacksonville and Savannah. They won’t let them dock to keep the prices up. Then when Ga passed the voting law they really stared limiting the barges coming in. It’s all political. He said prices aren’t coming down to maybe the end of next year. So yeah. We’re looking at the house ing market of 08-09 all over again. Just hang on. It’s going get bumpy. But good not. Should be able buy a nice house on the courthouse steps.
On a good note*

upload_2021-6-7_18-43-32.png

This is where we are now......

Same with cement. Try pricing concrete. Or lining it up. I’m taking a beating right now. Man I remember the good day of 18-19’ when things were booming. We had gas, lumber, cement, AMMO, for good prices. Not sure what really happen between now and then. :tsk:

So you’re telling me they’re purposely raising the prices by holding back inventory…on purpose? For political reasons? Interesting

lumber? I bet Lowes and Home Depot have folks that go around to all the lumber yards and buy up all the danged framing studs then they jack the price up to make a whole bunch of profit and I cain't git no lumber 'causen them evil price gouging lumber flippers! It ain't right I tell ya. $9.04 for a damned stud that ain't even 8 feet long? WTH?

There aught to be a law!
The biggest new home builders in the country are having issues getting materials...framing lumber, windows, garage doors, etc. Friend was buying furniture and told it would be two months for delivery. Everything is in short supply.

Back
Top Bottom