• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's the best way to own a car, in your opinion?

I'm at #5 at this point in my life but it is also my only vehicle at the moment. If you have the resources for multiple vehicles that opens up a lot of options.

For my wife or family car, I have tried to find something in the 2-3 year old range that has about a 10-15k mi/yr average and cosmetically in really good condition....typically, the car can be bought for about 50% of original MSRP....we will keep the car for 7-10 years. For myself, I will buy an older car in the $3-$4k price range and drive it until I think I need to upgrade....the car I drive now I bought three and a half years ago....a 2005 Buick LaCrosse for $4k with 50k miles on it....I detailed the car and it looked like brand new inside/out....now have about 72k miles on the car and will probably drive it a few more years. As long as the vehicle is clean and reliable, it doesn’t matter how old it is to me. In 1980 I bought a 1976 280Z 2+2 and drove it for 190k miles and 22 years. Sold it because it was getting difficult and expensive to get parts. But with all that, someone ELSE takes the biggest hit for depreciation, tax is less when I buy the car and I can afford a lot of maintenance if needed for the difference in what it costs to buy new....which I don’t usually end up spending though....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom