• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's the best way to own a car, in your opinion?

My dad always paid cash for a car and most of 'em he never got rid of unless he had 'em at least 10 years. Did his own maintenance, too.

Of course he saw them as appliances - just a way to get from point A to point B.

I'm getting more and more like him the older I get. Miss him.

Then there is the old “buy what you can afford and sell it when the wheels fall off”. That’s my wife’s analogy.
I sort of did that for years. 15k to 20k trucks or BMW's. Drive it for a 2-3 years, get bored and buy something else. It wasn't until I was almost 30 that I had a salary that could match a new car purchase. Or at least a real one and not some bs like a Versa.

I sort of did that for years. 15k to 20k trucks or BMW's. Drive it for a 2-3 years, get bored and buy something else. It wasn't until I was almost 30 that I had a salary that could match a new car purchase. Or at least a real one and not some bs like a Versa.
Yes...but you bought what you could afford. Kudos.

Option 8. Buy 2 to 3 years old. Let someone else eat the heavy initial depreciation. Delta Community Credit Union offers outstanding loan rates. We also roll in their top level extended warranty. It covers 5 years, 100,000 miles from when you purchase the car or truck.

We trade in about every 3 to 4 years. We get the latest upgrades, luxury features and only have to cover scheduled maintenance. It's worked very well for us.

I have never and will never buy a brand new car.
And have only financed a car one time. Learned my lesson , never had a car payment ever again.

ibuy 6-10 yr old cars in good condition usually a one owner well maintained.or at an auction and take my chances since I’m getting it for 1/3 retail price .

And drive em till the wheels fall off , or they no longer meet our needs due to being too small or whatever .

Option 8. Buy 2 to 3 years old. Let someone else eat the heavy initial depreciation. Delta Community Credit Union offers outstanding loan rates. We also roll in their top level extended warranty. It covers 5 years, 100,000 miles from when you purchase the car or truck.

We trade in about every 3 to 4 years. We get the latest upgrades, luxury features and only have to cover scheduled maintenance. It's worked very well for us.
1000% on the DCCU loans. My rate of my F150 was around 1.5%. I also did not know they theow in extra warranty. Thanks for that info.

Back
Top Bottom