• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's the best thing you've found at a Pawn Shop?

Yes, always carry a $100 bill folded away in my wallet. Either they will hold it for a few minutes till I can get back with cash or on occasion had the shop turn down a purchase from a seller and offer me the opportunity to buy it. It’s amazing what you can buy for a crisp $100 bill. Well, not on the ODT, everything here is at least tree fiddy

this. I once got a small pile of shotguns and 22s because the shop didn't want them and was cool with me making an offer. $75 for the pile. cleaned them, fixed them, gave to family for christmas.

similar, friend of a friend wanted to sell a significant bunch of medium-end guns to make payroll for his company. Didn't want to pawn and get hosed. Knew I'd be able to have the cash on hand to make a deal happen, so we did. It's how I ended up with a free springfield M1A socom...

Usually the exit. But I did buy my first AR15 at one. Factory BCM for $800. Still got the rifle and it's my favorite full size. Crazy thing is the shop was pushing me towards some piece together for 1300.

About 7 years ago I picked up a S&W 1911 PD 5" at a local pawn shop that advertised it for sale here. I think it was $550. Still have it. I shot it at a South Carolina Steel Challenge State Championship (2015) and came in Second. Bone stock and I got a little plaque!

Ruger 10/22 for $60 @ a pawn shop in Seaside California (before it turned into COMMIEfornia) in 1987.
Had more rounds run through it than Gadgetsrfun Gadgetsrfun has ever shot in his life. :becky:
My son now owns it with a new barrel and other new parts.
Of course, it still shoots like a dream.

Back
Top Bottom