• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's the best thing you've found at a Pawn Shop?

20 years ago.... a 3 1/2" pre model 27 5 screw with double pinned front sight. Guy behind the counter said some Bubba cut the barrel to a non-standard length and then messed up the front sight, thats why the 2 pins. Said he would take 350 out the door just to clear up counter space for some new wonder 9's. I almost ripped my back pocket off getting my wallet out!

Gun lettered as it was and even had the correct grips on it!
Used to find some deals at pawn shops, not so much these days.

I got a colt detective special, a double barrel shotgun which I ended up selling for about twice what I paid for it, and a nearly perfect condition CZ82 with a spare magazine and holster for just a tad above $200. Some pawn shops can have great deals, but only if you're there frequent enough to happen upon them.

My Pawnshop find can't be beaten. I found my wife. She is the best part of my life and has been since day one.

On our first date, we figured out she knew half my family and that my mother had been trying to set her up with my dumbass brother. It took me months just to figure out who she was and where she worked after seeing her once in the shop I worked in. My mother always had breakfast with my idiot brother on Sunday mornings and I did not know till I started dating my wife. My wife was their preferred waitress at the time.

Was at Forsyth County Pawn in 2009 and saw a Ruger MK II Target with bull barrel. Somewhat rough looking, but had potential. They were asking $350. I offered $275 OTD. Must have been a slow day. They took it. Cleaned up nicely. Manufactured in 1988, the year my son was born. He'll get it one day. Have the original grips and front sight. Installed the fiber optic front sight for my old eyes.

20190421_144105.jpg

Screenshot_20211004-212920_Chrome.jpg

Back
Top Bottom