• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's the best EDC knife for self defense and regular use?

I've spent a LOT on expensive knives, bayonets and collectables. The best knife I've ever bought (and I have several to keep in locations where I might use them) is a Chinese made Tac-Force (TF-469) you can buy on Amazon for less than $10. I see threads where somebody has a broken point on their very expensive EDC and just laugh... If I want to spend $400 for a knife, might just as well get a good little carry gun...
Preach on, bruh! I've been around here long enough to learn what Microtech knives are and the insane prices they go for. Paying for quality is all fine and good but where's the limit? 3 or 4 bills on a KNIFE ? And you know how knives have a habit of getting up and walking away like Ray Ban sunglasses or Mont Blanc pens. So I try to be very conservative on what I spend on knives. Since December I've carried a Kershaw spring assisted folder that was on sale on a 3 or 5 pack at Walmart. Is it Chinese? Uh...yeah. Isn't everything at Walmart Chinese ? But no complaints so far.
As for using a blade for self defense well yall can talk all the **** about training that you want to but the way I see it why not have ONE more tool on you all the time that MIGHT help you out a lot when/if the time comes.

image.jpg

Only thing that changes is the knife in my pocket.

Best is subjective, but for me I really like my Tops UTE02. It is a fixed blade, but the belt clip is adjustable and can be carried horizontally, which is what I do, around 10-11 o'clock. I can very quickly grab it with either hand, and I can easily deploy it sitting or standing. The footprint is non existent under a t shirt. The quality is outstanding. USA made also.

I carry it all day, everyday.

20200929_191441.jpg

20200929_191419.jpg

A knife is not a poor choice for self defense when it's all you have on you. Just wanted to clear that up. As for training, it may help when defending against a knife attack, but not enough to keep yourself out of danger, and probably not enough to keep you from getting cut. If someone is very determined to cut you, and you don't have a gun and can't get away, it is going to get ugly. You may as well count on that.

In several possible scenarios, I would rather face someone with a gun than someone with a knife.

Back
Top Bottom