• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's Going On In Buckhead?

Ex313

Air Force Icon Supporter
Wooba Gooba With The Green Teeth
13   0
Reaction score
I have a new job. I've been working from home for the last couple of weeks but come the beginning of next month, the office in Buckhead is opening back up.
My job as one of the IT guys in the Atlanta office means I have to be there physically. The commute from Dacula will suck but the job is pretty cool and I've been looking forward to it.
I was talking to one of the HR ladies in another town and while I was fixing her issue, we were discussing how the offices were opening back up. She's in Pennsylvania. She told me that some of the department managers in Buckhead are refusing to bring their people back to the office. One employee lives in Atlanta and takes Marta from the house to the office and she's been told to stay home by her department head.
The office is about a 5 minute walk from the Buckhead Marta Station.
I did some googling and I learned Buckhead wants to divorce from Atlanta because apparently (among other things) APD isn't responding to calls in Buckhead properly.
Incorporating Buckhead would mean they get to form their own PD.
I'm at a point where I think i will avoid Marta and drive to work. I'm looking for a back pack with a Pistol concealment partition to cart my crap around. I get a company parking benefit or a Marta fare reimbursement. The only financial drag is going to be gas. I usually pack a lunch.

So if'n you live or work in Buckhead, what's the situation over there?
The last time I was there was a few years ago. I was working in Midtown in one building and spending time in another in Buckhead. The traffic sucked but I never saw anything really evil except a bunch of Karens standing on a street having themselves a little protest at lunch time.

Congratulations on the new job in a war zone! In the past 18 months it has become a totally different place, almost UNBELIEVABLE!!!
My wife has been going (31 miles, one way, from us in Douglasville) to work above the Buckhead Marta station for 28 years, she loves her job but may retire earlier than we wanted... PM coming at ya...

For backpack look at Vertex. Get the ballistic insert if working in buckhead. Good luck. I can't imagine how much someone would have to pay me to work there.

I have a new job. I've been working from home for the last couple of weeks but come the beginning of next month, the office in Buckhead is opening back up.
My job as one of the IT guys in the Atlanta office means I have to be there physically. The commute from Dacula will suck but the job is pretty cool and I've been looking forward to it.
I was talking to one of the HR ladies in another town and while I was fixing her issue, we were discussing how the offices were opening back up. She's in Pennsylvania. She told me that some of the department managers in Buckhead are refusing to bring their people back to the office. One employee lives in Atlanta and takes Marta from the house to the office and she's been told to stay home by her department head.
The office is about a 5 minute walk from the Buckhead Marta Station.
I did some googling and I learned Buckhead wants to divorce from Atlanta because apparently (among other things) APD isn't responding to calls in Buckhead properly.
Incorporating Buckhead would mean they get to form their own PD.
I'm at a point where I think i will avoid Marta and drive to work. I'm looking for a back pack with a Pistol concealment partition to cart my crap around. I get a company parking benefit or a Marta fare reimbursement. The only financial drag is going to be gas. I usually pack a lunch.

So if'n you live or work in Buckhead, what's the situation over there?
The last time I was there was a few years ago. I was working in Midtown in one building and spending time in another in Buckhead. The traffic sucked but I never saw anything really evil except a bunch of Karens standing on a street having themselves a little protest at lunch time.
It’s a **** hole ! Different breed of low life running the streets! An after dark don’t go out!

It is the wild west in Buckhead now. Daylight shootings, and crime is ramping up weekly. Cops do not respond.

It is gang warfare, a single individual, no matter how well armed, does not stand a chance.

If you are determined to work there, get a beater for transportation and count on it being broken into.

Good luck.

It is the wild west in Buckhead now. Daylight shootings, and crime is ramping up weekly. Cops do not respond.

It is gang warfare, a single individual, no matter how well armed, does not stand a chance.

If you are determined to work there, get a beater for transportation and count on it being broken into.

Good luck.
Yes! And all the bad guys look alike! Same color! Hair! Dress! Music! oh yea gold teeth! Just no daddy knowing POS! That need aBullet

Back
Top Bottom