• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's for dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_6265.JPG
Grilled onions

Im gonna go pick black berries tomorrow out on the marsh near Mudcat Charlie's. They're everywhere down there. Got my wife looking up wine recipes right now. All I know now is I'm gonna need about 4 lbs of them. That's gonna take a while.
But... I'm not scared. I've packed bamboo leaves and branches into 5 lb bags to send to the panda exhibit at a zoo in Ohio back in 14. I had to send 25 to 35 lbs of bamboo FedEx every week for three months. That was an ALL DAY job!

Im gonna go pick black berries tomorrow out on the marsh near Mudcat Charlie's. They're everywhere down there. Got my wife looking up wine recipes right now. All I know now is I'm gonna need about 4 lbs of them. That's gonna take a while.
But... I'm not scared. I've packed bamboo leaves and branches into 5 lb bags to send to the panda exhibit at a zoo in Ohio back in 14. I had to send 25 to 35 lbs of bamboo FedEx every week for three months. That was an ALL DAY job!

in for pics

what zoo? cincy? or columbus????

in for pics

what zoo? cincy? or columbus????
I believe it was Cincinnati. But it wasn't the big pandas. It was the little red pandas that look like glorified raccoons. Then it was for big pandas in Toronto. And they were SO picky about the leaves . They bitched about bugs and spots on the leaves blah blah blah. Come to find out as soon as they put the branches in there with the pandas they shot all over them and roll around in it.
Not only that but it HAD to go FedEx where the guy I worked for had an account. The only FedEx that could take the size boxes I was shipping was the main office in Macon right behind Whiskey River and beside Purser Truck Sales deep in the ghetto.

Gonna have hot dogs and smoked chili. Smoked chili is cooking now. Big cast iron dutch oven full of favorite chili recipe...everything except meat. The meat is 2.25 lbs of ground beef formed into big ol' patty placed on grate above dutch oven. It all goes into the smoker at 300F. Meat drips juices down into chili while smoking. When meat reaches internal temp of 160F, it is removed and crumbled into chunks; and dropped into chili. The final mixture is cooked on smoker for another couple of hours.

The hot dogs will be smoked toward the end of the cook.
unnamed (15).jpg
unnamed (3).jpg

Gonna have hot dogs and smoked chili. Smoked chili is cooking now. Big cast iron dutch oven full of favorite chili recipe...everything except meat. The meat is 2.25 lbs of ground beef formed into big ol' patty placed on grate above dutch oven. It all goes into the smoker at 300F. Meat drips juices down into chili while smoking. When met reaches internal temp of 160F, it is removed and crumbled into chunks; and dropped into chili. The final mixture is cooked on smoker for another couple of hours.

The hot dogs will be smoked toward the end of the cook.View attachment 1189867 View attachment 1189868

That looks incredible!

Gonna have hot dogs and smoked chili. Smoked chili is cooking now. Big cast iron dutch oven full of favorite chili recipe...everything except meat. The meat is 2.25 lbs of ground beef formed into big ol' patty placed on grate above dutch oven. It all goes into the smoker at 300F. Meat drips juices down into chili while smoking. When met reaches internal temp of 160F, it is removed and crumbled into chunks; and dropped into chili. The final mixture is cooked on smoker for another couple of hours.

The hot dogs will be smoked toward the end of the cook.View attachment 1189867 View attachment 1189868

I'll take it. PM me your address please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom