• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's a good fish when you don't like fish?

Two obvious choices come to mind, because they are very mildly flavored as fish go: tilapia and cod. Both have very little fishy taste and pretty good texture. Cod in particular tastes much like whatever you are going to do to prepare it. Here's a recipe that I have yet to have anyone dislike, and I can promise you that it will not taste like fish at all. I have made this at least a dozen times, and I will even go out to Kroger, which is less convenient for me than Publix, just to get cod, which they regularly carry.

Tips: 1) Do not go cheap on the wine (i.e. someting you will finish drinking with the meal) - pinot grigio is a good choice, 20 Basil paste or even dried basil (use about 1/2 as much as fresh) is fine, 3) Start the sauce (everything already slices and portioned) when you sear the fish to allow time for it to reduce, 4) Garlic paste or minced garlic in the jar work just fine.

https://bakerbynature.com/pan-seared-cod-in-white-wine-tomato-basil-sauce/
Tilapia pond.

1631805870285.png

I'm from the Panhandle of Florida and the boats brought in their catch every day about a block or two from me. My mother bought the seafood right off the boat
I only liked one fish and that was Red Snapper. We called it Snapper steak when it was filleted. That and some great potato salad made a very nice meal.

I have some tuna steaks to try next. I can't do salmon though and I have tried it everywhere. I'll keep trying until I find something that I'll eat. The roommate loved the swordfish, so it didn't go to waste!!
Call me if you don't like it ,i'll come and get it.Haha

Back
Top Bottom