• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's a good fish when you don't like fish?

Grouper. Blackened. Either pan fried or grilled. Salmon grilled bbq sauce. Throw Salmon on non stick foil with skin down. Put on grill around 400 until inside hits 165(same as chicken) season with sauce and spices. Skin may stick that’s fine. Use spatula to separate from skin. It’s great. You can cook about any fish like that until you find the ones you like best. Health(ier) and tasty.

I'm kind of white trashy in the taste department and only like the trash white fish like Capt Ds serves
I don't even think it's always the same fish. Like sometimes it's cod and sometimes it's haddock or mullet or chicken.

@captdave77 been calling me "Trailer Tongue" for years
They've long ago moved to 100% Pollock, not a bad flavored white fish.

I'm lucky in that I absolutely love fish, some folks have to make themselves eat it.

Grilled or blackened is my go to method but I'll never turn down an opportunity to eat fried catfish.

I'm in the same boat with you. But I like white fish, battered is the only way I think I've had it. I've had Tilapia and rainbow trout baked, not bad. You can put lemon juice and or paprika on it. The trick is to find something you like without torturing yourself. You keep experimenting you'll figure it out.

I’m like you, fish is fishy.
We occasionally bake some Orange Roughy or Salmon. Grilled some Mahi couple weeks back, wasn’t crazy about it.

Careful. Orange Roughy is loaded with mercury, and farmed Salmon is loaded with toxins. Farmed trout is okay. Wild salmon is good.

Having been a fisherman most of my life and trying to introduce fish to my daughters , I would have to put it in this order . Halibut , sea trout ( spotted sea trout caught in the ocean ) , and black sea bass ( also caught in the ocean ) , with cod being in 4th place . Baked or broiled these white meat fish take the flavor of whatever you season them with . Use olive oil or grape seed oil along with your favorite seasoning . If you have to use lemon to eat any fish it’s probably fried or your trying to drowned out the taste .

Back
Top Bottom