• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's a good fish when you don't like fish?

I just had my 49th birthday Monday. 49 years of unhealthy living/eating are catching up w/ me. So I have been trying to eat healthier as of late. Last night I pan seared some swordfish and couldn't eat it. I don't like fish unless it's battered and fried. What is a non fishy fish for those of us trying to do a little better?
Fish is good for you, no doubt. Doubtful though that your problems are caused by the type of protein on your plate. quit sugar, starting with sugared drinks. Cut carbs, cut seed oils out of your diet. Keep protein servings to 3-6 ounces. Research and begin to consume a ketogenic diet. cut your meals to 2, taken within a 6 hour period then eventually to one. Fast three or so days a month.
I am assuming you have the same problem that most Americans have. metabolic illnesses. fat, hypertension, high blood sugar or diabetes. Oh yeah, start exercising 6 days a week.
do this under a doctors care but please understand doctors know absolutely nothing about nutrition.
disclaimer. I am not a health care professional nor a licensed nutritionist and though the advice given here is the soundest free advice you will receive on the ODT, do your own research.
I am 65 and have lost about 75 pounds since my 60th birthday. have moved my blood sugar back from pre diabetic to normal. BP is usually about 115/65. You can do this at age 50.

Fish is good for you, no doubt. Doubtful though that your problems are caused by the type of protein on your plate. quit sugar, starting with sugared drinks. Cut carbs, cut seed oils out of your diet. Keep protein servings to 3-6 ounces. Research and begin to consume a ketogenic diet. cut your meals to 2, taken within a 6 hour period then eventually to one. Fast three or so days a month.
I am assuming you have the same problem that most Americans have. metabolic illnesses. fat, hypertension, high blood sugar or diabetes. Oh yeah, start exercising 6 days a week.
do this under a doctors care but please understand doctors know absolutely nothing about nutrition.
disclaimer. I am not a health care professional nor a licensed nutritionist and though the advice given here is the soundest free advice you will receive on the ODT, do your own research.
I am 65 and have lost about 75 pounds since my 60th birthday. have moved my blood sugar back from pre diabetic to normal. BP is usually about 115/65. You can do this at age 50.

Diabetic w/ high cholesterol. Lost a little over 100 pounds in the last several years; no high blood pressure now. Main issue, I'm sure, is the untreated diabetes. I have Dr appt in 3 weeks. I work a 12 hour rotating shift and have always used that as an excuse to not live healthy. I only eat one meal a day w/ a snack and coke to keep me going. My legs/knees/hips are so weak and wobbly that it takes all I have to walk across the yard. I am constantly falling/losing my balance. I was raised on meat and potatoes, but I no one to blame but myself...

I'm kind of white trashy in the taste department and only like the trash white fish like Capt Ds serves
I don't even think it's always the same fish. Like sometimes it's cod and sometimes it's haddock or mullet or chicken.

@captdave77 been calling me "Trailer Tongue" for years
I think we could fish off the same boat!!

I'm kind of white trashy in the taste department and only like the trash white fish like Capt Ds serves
I don't even think it's always the same fish. Like sometimes it's cod and sometimes it's haddock or mullet or chicken.

@captdave77 been calling me "Trailer Tongue" for years
Trailer tongue ??!!?? Bwahahaha! Ive never heard of such :lol: :(:dance::target:

I just had my 49th birthday Monday. 49 years of unhealthy living/eating are catching up w/ me. So I have been trying to eat healthier as of late. Last night I pan seared some swordfish and couldn't eat it. I don't like fish unless it's battered and fried. What is a non fishy fish for those of us trying to do a little better?
Tilapia is about the least fishy fish you can eat.

Back
Top Bottom