• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's a good fish when you don't like fish?

Well to be honest, if you don’t like fish, it’s gonna be tough...

I recommend butterfly some chicken breasts, toss some Mrs Dash on it with a little olive oil, grill on high heat till you get the char marks and then pull it before it’s fully cooked. Wrap tightly in foil and toss in the oven to finish off the cooking.

Get you some cucumber/tomato salad with oil/vinegar or a light Italian dressing

Steam up some broccoli with some Mrs Dash and a little olive oil.

I tend to make around 12-15 servings at a time and make Tupperware go plates for work, I just put them in the freezer and snag one or two on the way out to work in the AM...

I tend to stay away from talapia and other “whitefish”. If you knew their diets…

I like fish that eat other fish or crabs etc. I love me some brined and lightly seasoned smoked salmon on the Traeger. Whoa!! But yes on the snappers, redfish, mahi Cobia, and flounders.

I was going to say blackened red fish but that's not healthy. Most saltwater fish mentioned on here will taste pretty good coming off a grill, to my taste.

I just had my 49th birthday Monday. 49 years of unhealthy living/eating are catching up w/ me. So I have been trying to eat healthier as of late. Last night I pan seared some swordfish and couldn't eat it. I don't like fish unless it's battered and fried. What is a non fishy fish for those of us trying to do a little better?
I've always liked Halibut but it's not that common in stores I can see. To me, it's about the most non-fish fish I've had.....and it doesn't have to be battered and fried..

I just had my 49th birthday Monday. 49 years of unhealthy living/eating are catching up w/ me. So I have been trying to eat healthier as of late. Last night I pan seared some swordfish and couldn't eat it. I don't like fish unless it's battered and fried. What is a non fishy fish for those of us trying to do a little better?

Put it on the outdoor grill next time and it will taste similar to steak. You can even marinate it.

Let’s face it, guys.
Fish tastes fishy ‘cause it’s, well, fish.
If you don’t like it, no sense torturing yourself trying to acquire a taste for it. Life’s too short.
There are other healthy alternatives (I’ve heard),
It’s all about genetics and how your body processes foods, anyway. You can’t fool Mother Nature.
My theory is that healthy eaters don’t actually live longer, it just seems like it to them as they’ve never enjoyed a really tasty, fat-filled meal. Boring meals make for a boring life. JMO, YMMV.
In for scathing retorts…. 3….2…1…

You have a point lostchild lostchild , it is up to genetics and should be common sense with a twist of light reading and research.

The foods we eat today are processed for high yield and low quality. Its my belief it’s the biggest contributing factor to today’s human Heath crises. Hypertension, heart disease, the diabeetus….obesity….it’s all in the food. You know there is a problem when “healthy” food is more expensive than crap boxed stuff. They tryna kill us! And you would (would you) be surprised to know that big pharma is in bed with big gov to control big farms. They actually pay farms to demolish their crops and plant mandated GMO seeds. Meds aren’t to heal they are to treat…symptoms….and make money off the unhealthy.

Whew. Well that escalated quickly! Sorry guys…not

Back
Top Bottom