• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Whatever happened to "Will trade Everything Else for Guns and ammo thread"?

h34choctaw

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
118   0
Reaction score
Yes I know it wasn't exactly like the title of my thread but you get the idea. I love the amount of traffic this site generates when selling guns and stuff. I have bought and sold at least a dozen firearms and stuff on this site and I really love it. But...(here comes the big BUT), I am currently trying to trade some airline seats on here and when I first posted it on "Ammo & Accessories" the response was fantastic. Now that it was moved to "Everything" I don't believe it is getting noticed at all. Part of the problem may be that it is difficult to find "Everything Esle". Having to click on the blue border because it is not presented like the other categories, makes it difficult to find. In this day and age when people are offering other items than guns and cash to buy firearms and accessories (like lawn mowers, cars, and yes-airplane seats), why are non-gun items offered for trade for gun-related items being seperated and lumped in with "Everything Else" on a sub-heading far removed from the traffic gun items generate on this board ?
I wonder if it was under "Gun Stuff-want to trade non-gunstuff" might work with the pretext that no dual listings are allowed. If you list it under "want to trade" it doesn't get listed under "Everything Else" for sale. Well, just a thought. Love the site. But man-my ad for the airplane seats sure is lonely way out there in "Everything Else" never-never land!!!!

Last edited:
the "I'll trade ya" section was removed because most things for trade were listed in their respective section, or posted in multiple sections.

There isn't as much traffic in the everything else section, mainly because most people here are looking for guns and gun related items.

So if I want to TRADE for gun or gun related items, and ONLY for gun or gun related items, why not be a bit closer to the gun and gun-related traffic???? Just asking because I think a lot of people in this economy are bartering more and if in the end I am looking for something gun-related instead of just out-right selling than it would be nice if I could get the ad near those items. I agree that selling a non-gun related item should be seperated in a sub-forum but what if what I am looking for is gun-related?

The truth is most people just hit "What's New" and never actually go into the individual categories. So just title it something like "Airline Seats for a Handgun" and everyone will know what's going on.

And I don't really understand what your saying about the everything else category being a blue border that you have to click, does it not look like this on your screen?

Capture.jpg

Thanks for the reply O.S., and no, when I first log on I have to click on the far right box in the border of "Everything Else" and then the rest comes up. I was thinking that this was what causing people to find things in "Everything Else". In fact when someone posted on my as for those seats that I should post them on "Everything Else" I couldn't find what they were talking about. I finally saw the swmall box, clicked on it and found it.

The truth is most people just hit "What's New" and never actually go into the individual categories. So just title it something like "Airline Seats for a Handgun" and everyone will know what's going on.

And I don't really understand what your saying about the everything else category being a blue border that you have to click, does it not look like this on your screen?

View attachment 74664

Wait, so you're saying that since I am a freak because I actually go through and check the individual categories of interest? Lol.

But, anyway, back on topic. I doubt adding another category is going to improve the hits an ad gets that isn't gun related gets. Most of the WTB ads don't get near the traffic of what handguns, rifles, and accessories get from what I can see.

Back
Top Bottom