• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Whatever happened to the art of the deal!?

"What's the least you'll take!"
Price is in the ad. Thanks for your interest.

At least they should have the courtesy to make you an offer. I hate it when guys won't offer anything, but want me to just cut the price. I believe their aim is to get me to cut it once first, then they'll offer even less, thereby getting a much better deal for themselves. People try and do this to me when I sell stuff on craiglist.

At least they should have the courtesy to make you an offer. I hate it when guys won't offer anything, but want me to just cut the price. I believe their aim is to get me to cut it once first, then they'll offer even less, thereby getting a much better deal for themselves. People try and do this to me when I sell stuff on craiglist.
**** them . Don't need their money anyway.

I have much more respect for a lowballer willing to sling it out there first. The "Whut's the least you'll take" crowd are cowards.

Selling some stuff, here and on other sites. On another site, had a guy express interest in an item, so I shot him a PM with my offer. A week later, and no reply. I hit him up to make sure he got it, he said that he had but wasn’t interested in it at that price.

1. Have the courtesy to RESPOND, even if it’s just to say you’re passing on it.

2. Whatever happened to HAGGLING?! I wasn’t sure he’d bite at the price, and it wasn’t as low as I was willing to go. Does no one dicker anymore?

I had that happen last year as well. Finally, when I prompted the potential buyer some more, we arrived at a price we were both happy with.

People are either born with NO CLASS nor fail to develop any.

Before I list anything, I look at what my gun is going for on Gunbroker. I then list on ODT deducting $50 or so, trying to give ODT a good price, and then get offers that are probably what a pawn shop would offer. The He%% with that. I end up selling my stuff elsewhere.
Gunbroker asking prices and the actual selling price on GB can give you a false feeling for the market. You need to check the history of what your selling to get a honest number.

Disagree. Low ballers need to find stuff in their price range or take their broke asses home. I don't reply to lowballers anymore.

Especially the "yes i set up a meet now i'm low balling you."
Guy a few hours before meet: "oh I'm sorry i thought it was xyz caliber."
Me: "gotcha no problem, thanks."
Guy: "will you take $xyz less?"
Me: blocks phone number.

prices too damn high.jpg

People cant haggle. All i get nowadays is whats your bottom dollar.........Well its the asking price so..........:lalala:
Yeah you got that right. We don't flip many cars anymore but I still get those same messages. And I tell them they need to come see and drive the vehicle BEFORE we talk bottom dollar. They might hate the car and then the deal is shot. Same thing with guns. I can't sell you a gun or a car over the phone. You need to at least commit to showing up and checking the merchandise and THEN discussing price.

Back
Top Bottom