• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Whatever happened to the art of the deal!?

I tired of the haggle/discounts and offers game years ago..
Its so dam fake..Like buying jewelry from an Indian at the mall jewelry stores..They show you the item with a Big price tag and then pull out a calculator and click click clickety click tapping on a calculator and then show you what a great discount they can give you!!...

Before I list anything, I look at what my gun is going for on Gunbroker. I then list on ODT deducting $50 or so, trying to give ODT a good price, and then get offers that are probably what a pawn shop would offer. The He%% with that. I end up selling my stuff elsewhere.

Honestly, I don't have the time or the patience to play "the game". I put my legit 'what I'm willing to take' price on my items and, likewise, I'll inquire about the bottom dollar on something I'm interested in buying.

Some folks like the back and forth. That's cool. I simply would rather complete a deal and go about my business.

I’m fine with that in a buyer, as long as they have the courtesy to reply to me and tell me so. They ask a question in the open forum about splitting up the items. I notify them that I’m sending a PM, and then send them a PM with a price quote. If you don’t want to dicker, have the courtesy to reply and say that you’re gonna pass on the offer, otherwise I don’t even know if you’ve received it.

quit dickering and get that feedback score up,trader?????? quit whining about Trump,that s all the heck some do is post doomsday bull ****.

I've dealt with 3 flakes in 2 months, after saying they would take it at a price, then trying to low ball me on the day they were to pick it up or left me hanging for 4 weeks with a different excuse each week when they fail to show, my ignore list is growing by leaps and bounds. wary of trusting anybody here now :spy:

Never be afraid to offer, cause you might get taken up on it, unless you don't really want it, then choose your words carefully. My pops favorite line used to be " I was afraid to offer him _____, I was afraid he'd take it and I didnt want it that bad."

Back
Top Bottom