• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Whatever happened to the art of the deal!?

cmshoot

Marines Icon
Staff member
197   0
Reaction score
Selling some stuff, here and on other sites. On another site, had a guy express interest in an item, so I shot him a PM with my offer. A week later, and no reply. I hit him up to make sure he got it, he said that he had but wasn’t interested in it at that price.

1. Have the courtesy to RESPOND, even if it’s just to say you’re passing on it.

2. Whatever happened to HAGGLING?! I wasn’t sure he’d bite at the price, and it wasn’t as low as I was willing to go. Does no one dicker anymore?

I had that happen last year as well. Finally, when I prompted the potential buyer some more, we arrived at a price we were both happy with.

I thought here is the south it was dickering, not haggling. Haggle away folks! Usually if I see something that I think is a fair price I won't bother to haggle. If I see something 3x market I usually just move along. If it's in the realm of possibility but high, that's where the dickering commences.

I thought here is the south it was dickering, not haggling. Haggle away folks! Usually if I see something that I think is a fair price I won't bother to haggle. If I see something 3x market I usually just move along. If it's in the realm of possibility but high, that's where the dickering commences.

Autocorrect changed “dicker” and I didn’t catch it. Corrected.

Have you noticed the constant rants about overpriced and then the same people gripe about lowballers? Nobody seems to understand how to horsetrade, Hell I bet they get their butt handed to them at the car dealers. I guarantee you I am going to ask for a better deal about 95% of the time. It's not about "beating somebody out of sumthin'" That's just the way I was raised. I mean it never hurts to ask and I don't get pissed off when I get a low offer. Just say thanks but no and move on.

Back
Top Bottom