• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What you smoking?

Take it off yet? Got one I’m thinking about bacon wrapping in the freezer. Heard they turn out great cooked low but have traditionally just crock pottted and pulled them Before getting into smoking. Not sure what to do with this one in the freezer .

Sounds like a great idea!!!
I'd probably set it in a foil pan to prevent your bacon from coming loose on the grate.
Indirect heat or over a water pan may not be enough to crisp up the bacon before the loin hits 145F.
Might need a direct/ indirect combo to get it right.
Good luck and go for it!!!!

Sounds like a great idea!!!
I'd probably set it in a foil pan to prevent your bacon from coming loose on the grate.
Indirect heat or over a water pan may not be enough to crisp up the bacon before the loin hits 145F.
Might need a direct/ indirect combo to get it right.
Good luck and go for it!!!!
I did a Porchetta and wrapped the loin in pork belly. OMG it was amazing. Sliced and served.... also made some awesome sandwiches too

Attachments

• 0CA2E74E-F1C8-4338-ACCF-FCA2086DB1F5.jpeg
    0CA2E74E-F1C8-4338-ACCF-FCA2086DB1F5.jpeg
    50.9 KB · Views: 36
  • 1856561C-FD21-44CA-8DFD-14FBF7B04FAB.jpeg
    1856561C-FD21-44CA-8DFD-14FBF7B04FAB.jpeg
    59.5 KB · Views: 37
(2) 2" chops tonight and (2) Fat chicken breasts to catch the run off. I'm a hickory guy but these pecan chunks are a nice change. I'll usually do a quick sear then add the soaked wood and put meat on the opposite side of the grill for an hour or so (depending on my coal pile) . Still using an old Weber for now and lining the vents up with the meat makes all the difference (prob common sense but thought a noob might see this? I haven't always been a grill ninja. Still learning new skills haha)

(2) 2" chops tonight and (2) Fat chicken breasts to catch the run off. I'm a hickory guy but these pecan chunks are a nice change. I'll usually do a quick sear then add the soaked wood and put meat on the opposite side of the grill for an hour or so (depending on my coal pile) . Still using an old Weber for now and lining the vents up with the meat makes all the difference (prob common sense but thought a noob might see this? I haven't always been a grill ninja. Still learning new skills haha)
I forgot the pics :tsk:

I've had a bunch of ribs lately and pulled pork. Here's a couple of recent ones:

61195413221__769DE238-29AA-4B08-8C0C-9D8A3C63AC5C.jpg 61154025166__C04C0AFB-AC0B-4637-A11A-8A4C0303EE29.jpg

The ribs were probably the best I have made. I riffed on this:

If you like Old Fashioneds give it a try, you'll love them. Don't forget to enjoy a couple during and with.

Today I'm going to smoke a meatloaf. I've had that in mind to try for a long time and never got around to it.

Back
Top Bottom