• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What y’all cooking for Christmas dinner?

Damnit! All this talk of prime rib, now my family wants PR instead of turkey. I guess I’ll do prime rib now. I’m thinking a course sea salt rub, then pan searing it on all sides in a cast iron skillet, then slowing cooking it in the oven until it’s a perfect rare,medium rare.
Thoughts? Suggestions?

oh, and my English heritage MIL wants that Yorkshire pudding posted on here.
Just finished my first Prime Rib ever and everyone agreed, this is our new Christmas tradition! Absolutely freakin' delicious!

Light coat of olive oil, covered in a basic homemade SPG, along with a sprinkle of dried lemon peel, rosemary, & thyme. Rested covered in the fridge for 48 hrs. Put in a roasting pan in oven at 500° for 30 min, turned oven down to 325°, cooked to internal of 125°, & rested for 30 min. Total cook time of 3 hrs for a 6# rib roast.

The Yorkshire pudding turned out decent, but I'm not the biggest fan (1st time I've had it). The garlic mashed potatoes, squash casserole, and roasted Brussel sprouts were all big hits.

My only regret was not buying a bigger roast. Not enough leftovers for sammiches! That $5.49/lb deal from Publix was a great tip!

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

Just buy at the store. Never been goose hunting. Wouldn't mind giving it a try though.
Wild goose is definitely more gamey, and even some goose hunters that I know don’t like it so they have it made in to sausage. I enjoy it myself just knowing where and how it was harvested.

Just finished my first Prime Rib ever and everyone agreed, this is our new Christmas tradition! Absolutely freakin' delicious!

Light coat of olive oil, covered in a basic homemade SPG, along with a sprinkle of dried lemon peel, rosemary, & thyme. Rested covered in the fridge for 48 hrs. Put in a roasting pan in oven at 500° for 30 min, turned oven down to 325°, cooked to internal of 125°, & rested for 30 min. Total cook time of 3 hrs for a 6# rib roast.

The Yorkshire pudding turned out decent, but I'm not the biggest fan (1st time I've had it). The garlic mashed potatoes, squash casserole, and roasted Brussel sprouts were all big hits.

My only regret was not buying a bigger roast. Not enough leftovers for sammiches! That $5.49/lb deal from Publix was a great tip!

Merry Christmas! I have never done one either but will definitely be trying one.

That’s how I’m doing it.

3848930C-2193-4A96-902C-B6CB3722A386.jpeg

I’ve been cooking since 7am. I ate a croissant roll a few bites of this and I’m laying my covid sick ass down.

Two beautiful slow roasted Wood Ducks off Black Bayou, Rodessa, Louisiana. Stuffed with wild dirty rice mixed with crawfish tails. All cooked slow and low on the Big Green Egg for four hours. Red beans and rice with smoked sausage from Evergreen, Alabama. Squash casserole from Ms. Jennie's kitchen (raised on this stuff). Baked sweet potatoes with melted marshmallows with a deep brown top crust. Nancy's out of this world green beans cooked with a family secret mix. Because it's Jesus's birthday, homemade cranberry salad. Lastly, cornbread cooked in a black iron skillet made with corn grown by ole James Blaylock from Jasper, Georgia. Put a slice of that buttermilk cornbread on your forehead and your tongue will beat you to death trying to get to it. Wash it down with sassafras tea from Aunt Lucille's down around West Monroe, Louisiana. Don't forget Carol's (my wife) chocolate pie and bourbon pecan pie for later.

Back
Top Bottom