• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What would you do about a blown engine

Depends on what it's worth, what it's worth to the owner and weather or not they can get their money's worth once they invest in a motor to get it running.

You can drop in a rebuilt engine for about 4k. Less if you buy a short block and do the work yourself. Its worth about 12k and that will go down even more once the 2022’s come out.

Chrysler products have cr@ppy electronics. So it really isn’t a forever car. Flippers will offer you 1/2 of your asking price regardless so price accordingly.

I assume this applies to Ram trucks as well? If so, what a shame they really have some good looking trucks with some nice interiors.

How long was it run with it knocking?

I had a guy put new rod bearings in my 4.3 for $250 and it has been lightly used several times a week for around 3 years or more now.

I parked it as soon as it started.

I assume this applies to Ram trucks as well? If so, what a shame they really have some good looking trucks with some nice interiors.
Look at the Toyota line of trucks. They have the Tacoma and the Tundra which is the bigger of the 2 and won’t work if you need anything bigger than 1/2 ton.

Their metrics for reliability and owner satisfaction beats the pants off the rest of the field

How long was it run with it knocking?

I had a guy put new rod bearings in my 4.3 for $250 and it has been lightly used several times a week for around 3 years or more now.

I parked it as soon as it started.

This guy knows nothing about cars, starting the engine seems to max out his mechanical skills. Apparently it still runs but it's knocking "badly", goes straight into limp mode.

He's going to post it on CL "as is" while working through the costs of a reman engine. It's possibly a good diy project for a first car for someone's kid.

He already rushed out and bought another Jeep....

Not a bad looking car, 108,000 miles Laredo + tow package. Apart from a hole in the headlining and a couple of rough spots in the interior it looks like there's still some life in it. Be interesting to see what he gets out of it.
106.jpg
102.jpg
103.jpg
100.jpg
101.jpg

Back
Top Bottom