• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What would you buy

mcdougmd

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
67   0
Reaction score
Question for you sage reloaders? What do you think of Hornady lock n load press setup? My son wants to get into reloading and there is a hornady setup fo sell locally. Thanks!

If it’s a good buy and in good shape it’s a good way to start! If he doesn’t like reloading he won’t have as much invested as if he bought new!

I agree with starting on a single stage . However it ain't like you can't go slow and learn. Keep safety and quality as the first and foremost . Now is a bad time to start if you don't already have components but I would go for it if it is a good price.
Single stage or progressive learning the process isn't a 10 minute deal.

i got started on a hornady LNL. Never did have a chance to waste money on a single stage. I wish I burned money on that single stage that pretty much does nothing ...Sarcasm

I love my LNL. Still have it. next to dillong 650. I dont drink the red or blue kool aid. Im just gonna say i love them both.

what is the price of the LNL and does it have a case feeder and/bullet feeder?

Right now availability is also a consideration. Hard to find Dillon stuff right now. If its available and a good price I would grab it. I have used most all of them for 50+ years and have settled on Dillon. But RCBS, Hornady are good options.

I started on a progressive but would initially just run one phase at a time. There's no need to buy a single stage when you can just put one die in the progressive and replicate single stage functionality. I am currently using a LNL and really like it. If you're planning to do 223/5.56, the LNL gains extra points due to a swaging tool being available for it. I swaged about 800 pieces yesterday in less than an hour,

Back
Top Bottom