• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What would cause my starter to break off if anything?

SuperMario92

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
63   4
Reaction score
So this morning I was running some errands and as Im leaving lge I realize that my car didn't start but I could hear an electric motor going. Lo and behold it broke off :mad:

img.tapatalk.com_d_14_06_22_esemy2eh.jpg

img.tapatalk.com_d_14_06_22_tazu5yqu.jpg

Already got the new starter but I was wondering if there were any things that I should look for before reinstalling that may cause it to break again.

Make sure the fly wheel teeth are okay. Bolt may have backed out on one side a bit. Chevrolet use to shim them for clearance. All just guesses. could have been cracked from installing it crooked and finally broke completely

Make sure the fly wheel teeth are okay. Bolt may have backed out on one side a bit. Chevrolet use to shim them for clearance. All just guesses. could have been cracked from installing it crooked and finally broke completely

The teeth don't appear to have been damaged. When I removed it I realized that the lowermost bolt was missing that was no bueno. Any way I threw the new starter on and she's running again. Still have to replace that other bolt, looked around a couple of parts stores with no luck so looks like I'll be ordering one online.
img.tapatalk.com_d_14_06_23_y5yza7u7.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom