• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What , When and Where was you’re first deer

1972 Ogeechee WMA I believe black powder hunt with my Uncle, he was 3 yrs older than me..Behind the check in station, just on the this side of the creek from a horse farm..Shot a spike from 30 ft up a pine, my uncle shot first 40 yrds away and only the cap went off no charge..It ran up to me and I gave it a dirt nap with my new 50 cal Thompson Hawkins...I was hooked from there on.

1972 Ogeechee WMA I believe black powder hunt with my Uncle, he was 3 yrs older than me..Behind the check in station, just on the this side of the creek from a horse farm..Shot a spike from 30 ft up a pine, my uncle shot first 40 yrds away and only the cap went off no charge..It ran up to me and I gave it a dirt nap with my new 50 cal Thompson Hawkins...I was hooked from there on.
I used to hunt ogeechee alot on the muzzle loader hunt. It was always early so I went to get jump on rifle in hand. Was good place back before they lost so much of it

November of 84. Family owns a good bit of land in Upson and they had access to additional acreage where I took a very nice 9pt. Marlin 336cs 30-30. I was just shy of my 14th birthday. It was my second season deer hunting, I also remember it was doe day and I was just hoping for at least a doe.

A fork horn with a rem 700 .06, that I still hunt with. It was 1978 in Hancock county. I still hunt those woods too. I was so proud of that buck. It cemented a life long love of deer hunting. My dad was a bird hunter but he took me when I showed an interest. I can thank him for all the incredible times I have had.

My aunts house on 20 acres, Lime Connecticut, sitting in the crotch of a tree, single shot .22lr. Shot a doe through the eye and it dropped right there. That property had some big deer, but I was just learning.

1st Deer.jpg

Spike, November 2, 1984, Oglethorpe County with my dad. I was 13, shot him with a Winchester Model 94 30-30.

Back
Top Bottom