• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What was it like during the AWB ('94-04)?

If I turned 18 in 1995, and wanted to start building a gun collection,
and I found a MaK 90 (sporterized AK-47 type rifle) for a fair price of only,
let's say, $250, but it only came with a couple of five and 10 round magazines,
sure, I would pay 100 bucks for at least one correct 30 rounder!

If I turned 18 in 1995, and wanted to start building a gun collection,
and I found a MaK 90 (sporterized AK-47 type rifle) for a fair price of only,
let's say, $250, but it only came with a couple of five and 10 round magazines,
sure, I would pay 100 bucks for at least one correct 30 rounder!

Rifle mags weren't bad. I was picking up AK and AR mags for 20 to 30 bucks each. I won a gun broker auction in 2001 for 50 USGI mags and paid $700 for them. Pistol mags were what got stupid, especially Glock 19 and 21 mags since neither gun had been out long enough for a large supply of mags to be on the market. I remember 250 dollar Glock 21 mags.

Rifle mags weren't bad. I was picking up AK and AR mags for 20 to 30 bucks each. I won a gun broker auction in 2001 for 50 USGI mags and paid $700 for them. Pistol mags were what got stupid, especially Glock 19 and 21 mags since neither gun had been out long enough for a large supply of mags to be on the market. I remember 250 dollar Glock 21 mags.

That's the funny thing now. I see people with tons of AR mags. LGS has a box full of them. Many hand guns I see for sale here only have the factory mags with them though.

That's the funny thing now. I see people with tons of AR mags. LGS has a box full of them. Many hand guns I see for sale here only have the factory mags with them though.
I have more AR mags than most gun stores so I am not one to talk there, but I have a ton of Glock mags as well.

If I was to list my Glock though, I would only list it with the factory mags. I generally won't sell something with the "extras".

Worked for a lgs while finishing up my degree in the early 2000s. We were averaging selling about 2k guns a year back then. Sold very few ARs, maybe one a month. Always carried the bushmasters, and sold them between 900-1k. I think an entry level dpms back then still brung 600. The big thing was leo pistol magazines, we sold those for big money. Folks rarely bought bulk 556, we may have only sold 4 1k cases a year.

Oh...and black talons were a big deal.

Worked for a lgs while finishing up my degree in the early 2000s. We were averaging selling about 2k guns a year back then. Sold very few ARs, maybe one a month. Always carried the bushmasters, and sold them between 900-1k. I think an entry level dpms back then still brung 600. The big thing was leo pistol magazines, we sold those for big money. Folks rarely bought bulk 556, we may have only sold 4 1k cases a year.

Now there are stores all over the state selling more than 2K guns a month. A few sell that a week.

Back
Top Bottom