• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What type of lure is this???

greg vess, thanks for the pointers on how to use them. I got a fishing kayak recently and plan to try it out on the lower Toccoa soon.

Too bad I don't live in Big To Do, I mean Canoe, or I'd try them there. I've painted several houses in there, but I knew it would be futile to ask to fish.

If the damn is just letting a steady flow go it's as clean as air. Beautiful river when not disturbed by mother nature. I clean, it's clear and abundant with fish. You will catch every thing from bass, trout to creek chubs. If you are humane and fish and release then clip that little treble hook of the back. It will get them but you damn near have to kill the fish. Trout are a delicate species and can't handle the trouble it takes to get them off Joe's Flies. When you clip that little treble hook off it doesn't grab the creek chubs and is way easier to de-hook a trout. Fish it humanely and it will produce.

I’d have to see the other side of the blade to know for sure but I’d say that’s a knock off of a rooster tail — it looks like a old Kmart store brand or the like

In a survival situation I’d choose a Mepps Aglia or Rooster Tail over any other artificial bait

I’d have to see the other side of the blade to know for sure but I’d say that’s a knock off of a rooster tail — it looks like a old Kmart store brand or the like

In a survival situation I’d choose a Mepps Aglia or Rooster Tail over any other artificial bait
I have a heap of Mepps and Rooster tails as well. They are not a K-Mart brand. The are sold by Bass Pro shops and Cabellas. It just happens that Walmart carry's a good selection especially the one in Ellejay. The closer you get to the fishing parts the better the selection. I happen to like the Walmart price point better. The Ellejay has a really good variety. From bumble bees to cock roaches and every color. I carry a nice multiple stack over the arm tackle box with everything you can think of. I just happen to use a fanny pack with a special box for spinners. You can alternate from gold to silver spinners and the color selection they offer is good. I would have said that Mepps Rules the rivers but after 15 years of fishing with Joe's Flies I would have to say that Joe's Flies should be staple in every river fishermans tackle box. River fishing is fickle and sometimes just trying a Joes's Fly will make them strike. However, I will never give up my Mepps spinners and Rooster tails. They cost about 2 to 3 bucks a lure depending on size and weight. I bet I have a 100 bucks worth. With a heavy selection of the Joe's Favorite. My friend was fishing a Joe's favorite and what he got on the end of his rod broke it in half on his second run. Same guy has a 8lb. Rainbow hanging on his wall with the same lure. I have seen those lures produce. I wouldn't speak so highly of something I haven't seen catch trout. They are not an easy fish to catch. I say this in understanding there is no majik bait. They are just a damn good one.

Back
Top Bottom