• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What time do you squirrel hunt? Other tips welcome.

Subscribed for tips. I took the kids yesterday. It was too windy but better than sitting inside. My 5 y/o much to the elders disgust sounds like a herd of buffalo coming through the woods. We saw two but didn't get close enough for a shot. Pulled down an old deer stand I forgot about. Just enjoyed being in the woods really.

Subscribed for tips. I took the kids yesterday. It was too windy but better than sitting inside. My 5 y/o much to the elders disgust sounds like a herd of buffalo coming through the woods. We saw two but didn't get close enough for a shot. Pulled down an old deer stand I forgot about. Just enjoyed being in the woods really.
Sounds a lot like our morning. We went and walked in the woods and enjoyed being outside. We sat and watched the world and whittled a stick. In the end we grabbed a box of hotdogs from a local spot and came to the house. Pretty good day

I hunt them the last 2 hours of daylight. I also usually use a Benjamin Maximus .22 PCP with a Baker trigger and TKO moderator and my 10 year old daughter uses a Savage Rascal. Hand pumping 2000# is pretty easy. AGNATION gives 25% off on Crosman’s website. They also used to do free shipping every Friday but I think that’s stopped. I’ve had the Maximus for about 3 years now and it’s been great. I have been eyeing another fancier gun as an upgrade and passing the Maximus on to another as I don’t want to start a collection of PCPs. The gen 2 Fortitudes look decent. The semi-auto M-rods look great too... if I can get over the price. I *really* have been pondering a Texan in .357 since I can cast my own.

That sound... when the pellet hits. Yeah. Wet coconut.

4A5ACC02-0BAD-4FFA-A11D-206CF3050A4F.jpeg
I use the iSolunar app and I have learned that it's better to skip the days with one or two fishes only :D.
8C3D84F7-5812-4A76-A573-23E3A0963A1E.jpeg

I will check that out.
We went the other day and walked around for a few hours. We didn’t have any luck. Well we did catch us a rabbit.

The mornings are best for me. Climbed in the deer stand the Saturday after deer season ended with my blaze orange on and just like clockwork they thought I was there for a deer. Started popping the little guys off the limbs and logs. For some reasons they don't come out very well in the evening until right at dark.

Our trees are all hardwood and have holes in them, so chasing them up a tree is to their advantage.

Back
Top Bottom