What should I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwill130

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
164   0
Reaction score
I had my first negative experience on the ODT since I joined. Seller posted a shotgun, immediately sent pm asking if he could meet in certain location. Said it was to far but then agreed on somewhere and set a date for Sunday. Time wasn’t exactly set, but we both agreed on morning time. Sent seller some pms asking for specifics on the said gun, seller responded to them like normal. This was on a Tuesday. As the week goes on I sent the seller a pm Friday, Saturday, and Sunday and no response. I know seller was online for the fact items were relisted and so forth. Still haven’t heard a word from the seller, the ad is still open, and the seller has relisted a couple of more items. Is there enough grounds to post a negative? I gave them the benefit of the doubt, thinking something may have happened cause I understand things happen, but still no response from the seller and the fact they are actively online and still won’t respond. I had moved some things around in order to meet the seller, but that was wasted time apparently.

I

fair enough. Lesson learned
Until the deal is complete and all negotiations are complete it’s not a deal. There has to be an agreement, date and time set for meet. These conditions have to be aggreed to by both parties in a ODT Private message. Texts, emails and such are too easy to fake.

Rules are simple and straight forward. Problem is too many people think that if they’ve decided it’s a deal, it’s a complete. But often the other members hasn’t made that decision, whether based on meet location time distance or any number of things. Had someone tell me once my avatar scared them so they declined my offer.

And for the record I’ve checked must of the claims of “taking higher bids”
I can say they are more urban ledgend than anything.
I have posted stuff and was inundated with offers much higher than my asking price, wasn’t looking for that. But I let it run until I got what I wanted

Gotta get you a copy. Study it.

4B2FC43B-768B-458E-A99E-5D8EBD1B1C3D.jpeg

I had my first negative experience on the ODT since I joined. Seller posted a shotgun, immediately sent pm asking if he could meet in certain location. Said it was to far but then agreed on somewhere and set a date for Sunday. Time wasn’t exactly set, but we both agreed on morning time. Sent seller some pms asking for specifics on the said gun, seller responded to them like normal. This was on a Tuesday. As the week goes on I sent the seller a pm Friday, Saturday, and Sunday and no response. I know seller was online for the fact items were relisted and so forth. Still haven’t heard a word from the seller, the ad is still open, and the seller has relisted a couple of more items. Is there enough grounds to post a negative? I gave them the benefit of the doubt, thinking something may have happened cause I understand things happen, but still no response from the seller and the fact they are actively online and still won’t respond. I had moved some things around in order to meet the seller, but that was wasted time apparently.

Welcome to ODT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom