• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What says your brain?

joel2000

Bear Icon Supporter
Just passing thru
36   0
Reaction score
Ok, so, Sunday I was helping out a bit for a local church here. Cutting grass…
The Church corners a main road and another that leads down to a park on the “ Hooch”.
Every pass back and forth I made was putting me at the road headed to the park. About an hour in I spotted one of these in the gutter of the road. Got off the tractor, picked it up, and dropped it in my pocket… back on for more passes and brain went into wonder mode. By the time I finished that couple acres I had picked up a few more and probably missed some. My mind was all over the place wondering how and why they were there. Now, I know I don’t always play with a full deck and that is what makes life interesting for me- Ha!

So….what would you surmise?
2F9912A6-F25A-4AC2-98E3-83B924475BB6.jpeg

Ok, so, Sunday I was helping out a bit for a local church here. Cutting grass…
The Church corners a main road and another that leads down to a park on the “ Hooch”.
Every pass back and forth I made was putting me at the road headed to the park. About an hour in I spotted one of these in the gutter of the road. Got off the tractor, picked it up, and dropped it in my pocket… back on for more passes and brain went into wonder mode. By the time I finished that couple acres I had picked up a few more and probably missed some. My mind was all over the place wondering how and why they were there. Now, I know I don’t always play with a full deck and that is what makes life interesting for me- Ha!

So….what would you surmise?View attachment 3352493
It's no mystery really. I sometimes throw live rounds out of my pockets (picked up at the range) in the parking lot at Kroger in East Macon. Somebody might need the rounds.

Honestly not suprising, I’ve found ammo, magazines, and the like in parking lots and such. I reckon it’s usually people who have spares in the door pockets of their vehicles or are on motorcycles,.
In your situation being in the grass in the side of the road possibly a traffic stop and the officer unloaded the weapon manually abs didn’t recover all of the rounds. Before returning it to suspect.

Honestly not suprising, I’ve found ammo, magazines, and the like in parking lots and such. I reckon it’s usually people who have spares in the door pockets of their vehicles or are on motorcycles,.
In your situation being in the grass in the side of the road possibly a traffic stop and the officer unloaded the weapon manually abs didn’t recover all of the rounds. Before returning it to suspect.
My thoughts actually went there. Thinking a traffic stop and either the owner tossed them or as you said the officer cycled them out and didn’t pickem up.

If that was LE issued ammo, he would've picked them up. You have to account for every round. If he didn't he would have to wright a report and IA would investigate him. All the other ideas are plausible

Back
Top Bottom