• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What Percentage of ODT Buyers refuse to Buy from a Seller who requires a Bill of Sale, DL or CCW

Do you refuse to buy from anyone who requires a Bill of Sale or to see your License

• Total voters
If the seller has a current carry permit and he has a 4473 on said gun in his name, and is a Trusted trader on ODT. I have no problem making them feel at ease. Because I have a current carry permit as well.However, if someone Im selling to Does not have a current carry permit, and wishes to buy from me, he better have a hen and 2 legos before trying to set up a meet. It all boils down to being responsible in this day and age of every gimmedat wanting to take our gun rights. I have had offers from folks just across the state line inquire about purchasing usually the cheapest 22 rifle I have ever posted for sale. It might be a legitimate gun enthusiast like myself, with no ill intent, that is not aware of the Federal Laws. But its just not worth the risk to take a chance on losing a hobby that I have had a passion for my entire life over something stupid or someone who has an axe to grind over a BOS. We all know how the media runs stories in the ground over anything thats negative on anything about firearms. We as firearms enthusiasts fight an uphill battle every day against the left wing gungrabbers.I dont think its too big of a deal to know who you sell to is a sane individual and will be as responsible with the firearm that is registered to you as you were.Just wait till they get private sales done away with. Then you will look back on a BOS like Damn, those were the good ole days.

Just curious, if you are selling a firearm on ODT, what percentage of the buyers' pool do you lose when you check Bill of Sale required, or say you wan to see a license and permit?
I have been around here fir a while! Never Never been ask too! Give or receive one!
Now I have had a few cases when they pulled up and pants was at their knees, no sale there! And one guy pulled up never took his cell phone away from his head wanting to talk to me , while talking on his cell phone I just got in my truck and drove away

A lot. I’ve had lots of issues with bills of sale. People saying they don’t need paper trails and all kinds of crazy stuff. The way I look at it is if you don’t have I’ll intentions a signature wouldn’t be an issue. I don’t get address or anything just a print sign date and CCW or DL number. That’s it but some guys absolutely freak out and I have never understood why. I’m not a felon so I’ll sure sign one in a heartbeat but folks are scared I guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Because its not needed thats why.

Back
Top Bottom