• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What Percentage of ODT Buyers refuse to Buy from a Seller who requires a Bill of Sale, DL or CCW

Do you refuse to buy from anyone who requires a Bill of Sale or to see your License

• Total voters
I won't sign a BOS, but will show my permit or DL. If the price is right or it's something I want, I'll get it.

What he said. Did a bill of sale years ago on a four wheeler. POS took the info and stole my ID. American Express badgered and SUED me for $18,000. I won but what a horror story ! I still to this day have issues dating back to that. So HE** NO !

I have a theory that the people who ask for a BOS are the same people I see driving alone with a mask on. Just a theory.

I have signed a few in my time here but only a few. And I decided not to do it again. If my tenure here and my feedback rating aren't enough, I'm not your buyer.

I have a theory that the people who ask for a BOS are the same people I see driving alone with a mask on. Just a theory.

I have signed a few in my time here but only a few. And I decided not to do it again. If my tenure here and my feedback rating aren't enough, I'm not your buyer.

^^
Pool-with-mask-tiny.jpg

Generally a BUYER requests a bill of sale (or receipt or warranty of title) for a marketable item as evidence that the BUYER didn't steal it. The ODT is the only place I've ever heard of a SELLER looking for a bill of sale. This concept makes no sense to me.
Well, it’s illegal to sell to a person across state lines…. So the Seller might get some protection if the Buyer affirms he is a GA resident (and you see a DL or CCW). The CCW would allow good faith you didn’t sell to a felon.

Law enforcement has done sting operations with gun stores and pawn shops from time to time, but I haven’t seen any news of them targeting sites like ODT.

As for the Poll, the purpose was to see what percentage of ODT buyers you lose when you check the BOS required and/or ask for DL and CCW. It’s not to judge. It’s not to advocate, though the comments on both sides have been educational.

Well, it’s illegal to sell to a person across state lines…. So the Seller might get some protection if the Buyer affirms he is a GA resident (and you see a DL or CCW). The CCW would allow good faith you didn’t sell to a felon.

Law enforcement has done sting operations with gun stores and pawn shops from time to time, but I haven’t seen any news of them targeting sites like ODT.

As for the Poll, the purpose was to see what percentage of ODT buyers you lose when you check the BOS required and/or ask for DL and CCW. It’s not to judge. It’s not to advocate, though the comments on both sides have been educational.

You most likely never will hear of p2p sites like this one being targeted although I'm sure they have. I had someone proposition me three weeks ago off a WTB ad that went down in text. No details but the "seller" was sure he could do something that is illegal. After several texts of me trying to steer the transaction back into the black I cut it off.

If you are that worried about it , sell all your stuff consignment at a gun store or sell it to a pawn shop.

I don't mind showing a quick peek at my DL or CCW, but you're not writing down my address or taking pictures. I'm old... I introduce myself by my full name when I shake your hand. If it's that important to you, try to memorize it when we meet. My address? no.

Back
Top Bottom