• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What Kind Snake is This?

It harmless. The venomous snakes in our area barring Florida will be a pit viper. Notice the slender head on your pic. No venom glands. A venomous snake ( pit viper ) you will see a big heart shaped head. Dead giveaway. Unless you are in Florida and fun up onto a coral snake. It doesn't have a big heart shape head. The color bands give it away. Red touches black venom does lack. Red touched yellow kills a fellow. The harmless of which the king snake eats other snakes. Good snaky snaky good snaky snaky!

Don’t we have cottonmouths, rattlesnakes (diamond back and timber), and I think a couple others as well as copperheads?

This doesn’t look venomous, and there isn’t a lot of reason to mess with any snake, but I thought we do have plenty of venomous snakes to look out for?

https://www.ajc.com/news/local/venomous-snakes-watch-out-for-georgia/0PsHQadIwTEZzc0epwJ7tO/

Later on yesterday, another popped up, and I think he was a bad guy, maybe a copperhead.... But I let him go... after messing with him for a while. My Yard is pretty big on the back, having the "Chicopee" Wood-preserve and trails right behind, so he can have fun in there!!

Check this one out GeauxLSU GeauxLSU , what ya say??
20210613_161629.jpg
20210613_161649.jpg
20210613_161914.jpg
20210613_161918.jpg

Later on yesterday, another popped up, and I think he was a bad guy, maybe a copperhead.... But I let him go... after messing with him for a while. My Yard is pretty big on the back, having the "Chicopee" Wood-preserve and trails right behind, so he can have fun in there!!

Check this one out GeauxLSU GeauxLSU , what ya say??
View attachment 3310245 View attachment 3310246 View attachment 3310249 View attachment 3310251
Looks like copperhead. Not good for yards or trails.

Don’t we have cottonmouths, rattlesnakes (diamond back and timber), and I think a couple others as well as copperheads?

This doesn’t look venomous, and there isn’t a lot of reason to mess with any snake, but I thought we do have plenty of venomous snakes to look out for?

https://www.ajc.com/news/local/venomous-snakes-watch-out-for-georgia/0PsHQadIwTEZzc0epwJ7tO/
Just a clarification, but most of GA from Atlanta and north is out of range for cottonmouths. One little area to the west near Floyd is in range, though.

Like the article stated, many people misidentify water snakes as water moccasins.

Back
Top Bottom